soothing touch | comfort + fluff (n.r./w.m.)

Summary: Natasha hates storms, they take her mind back to her darkest memories. Wanda helps Natasha through the storm, bringing her back to herself

Request: WandaNat. There's a massive thunder storm and Natasha's very scared . She hides away from the other avengers but Wanda finds her girlfriend and distracts her by using her magic at help her tell her scared girlfriend a fairy tale. Nat only sleeps that night cuddled up in Wanda's arms (she's using her magic to dull the storm).

Pairing: Wanda Maximoff x Natasha Romanoff

'Be afraid...very afraid,' Natasha, along with the rest of the team, rolled their eyes at Tony's attempt at humour. A horror movie played on the screen in front while the weather outside the compound started to mimic the eerie darkness that was in the movie. There had been a massive storm warning which grounded the team from any missions, especially since it was fairly early in the afternoon but looked as if it was midnight.

Natasha wasn't phased by the storm, not until the thunder started booming. Wanda felt Natasha stiffen at the first round of thunder. Picked up on her heart rate increasing and jaw tightening. But just tried to hold her girlfriend closer to give some reassurance. Natasha tried to seem unaffected but the loudness of the thunder started shaking her mind. Bringing her back to some of her worst memories.

She had never been a fan of thunder, there was something about it and how it always came with darkness that connected her back to her childhood. Trying to seem unphased, not wanting to panic or worry Wanda, she yawned and told the team she was just going to get some rest.

'Tasha, did you want me to come with you?' Wanda whispered to her girlfriend, she knew it was more than just being tired.

Natasha shook her head, 'Wands, I'll be fine a few hours without you,' trying to lighten the mood already knowing that Wanda can sense when something isn't right with Natasha. Wanda nodded, even if deep down she knew something wasn't sitting right she also knew how to trust Natasha.

'I love you,'

'I love you too detka,'

Once Natasha reached their shared bedroom, everything was a blur. The thunder seemed louder, more isolated as if it was just for her to hear. Hands shaking, tears starting to prick at her eyes, laboured breathing. Somehow Natasha managed to find the bed and climbed in clutching the sheets close to her body. The more the thunder boomed, the more she tried to hide and fight the darkness her mind was slipping into.

Wanda on the other hand couldn't stay and watch the movie, things just didn't feel right. She didn't know what exactly but all Wanda knew was that she had to check on Natasha. Once she reached their bedroom her heart broke at the sight of Natasha. Someone who always carried themselves to seem so big, tough and untouchable, now looked so small and fragile shaking while tightly clutching at the sheets.

Natasha was unaware of Wanda's presence, if it wasn't something that was happening in her mind then she wasn't aware of it. Wanda knew to keep a bit of distance, not needing to startle her when her mind is in such a state. Wanda started gently humming. Noticing how it wasn't working, especially with the storm over powering, 'I'm sorry,' Wanda always felt bad whenever anything resorted to using her magic on Natasha.

Though sometimes it was needed and Natasha had told Wanda she trusted her enough now that if it ever got to a point where Wanda needed to, then she could go into Natasha's mind. Natasha knew Wanda would only ever use her magic on her for good, unlike the first time it ever happened.

At first Natasha didn't notice it, but slowly she started coming back into herself. The dark memories were soon replaced with happy memories but in a fairytale like manner. A story, with a character, a child, that looked just like Natasha. Growing up in a light and cheerful place, meeting her very own princess and all of their own memories that they've both made together, flooding through Natasha's memory. She smiled, remembering the time when Natasha was really unwell so Wanda twisted reality to distract her and make her smile during less desirable times.

Wanda. Natasha's eyes shot open, adjusting to the dim light of the room, and saw Wanda sitting right beside her. Natasha didn't say anything, instead she wrapped her arms around Wanda and buried her face in her neck.

'Shh it's okay...you're safe...I've got you,' Wanda whispered over and over while holding Natasha in her arms, 'Try and get some sleep, my love,' Wanda moved them so they were laying down. Natasha stayed attached to Wanda, not wanting to leave her side.

That night Wanda did her best to dull the loudness of the storm so it wouldn't startle Natasha again. And Natasha stayed close, falling asleep thinking that being cuddled up in her girlfriend's arms is the solution to all of her problems.