snowman, snowball | fluff (n.r.)

Natasha woke to an empty bed. It was unusual since you weren't an early riser, especially during winter. You loved to stay in bed as long as possible, stealing as many hugs and kisses from Natasha as you could before she reluctantly got out of bed.

You and Natasha had recently moved into a small house away from the avengers compound. You both wanted a bit more space as your relationship continued to grow more serious. While it wasn't your first winter with Natasha it was your first winter in a place where it snowed. 

You were just a normal civilian who managed to catch the eye of the Natasha Romanoff while she was on a mission. Natasha was on a long mission with the same morning routine of jogging to the local café for a coffee. That café happened to be the one you worked at and also owned. 

You loved coffee art so you managed to perfect as many different intricate detailed art as you could. It was the reason all your regulars keep coming back, that, the amazing coffee and the great conversations. Small talk was something you were good at and what a lot of people loved about you. Except for Natasha.

You remember the first time she stepped foot in your café, she wasn't impressed by the attempted small talk since she was focused. Though what did impress her was your coffee art. Natasha was impressed by your skill level with such an intricate detailed design and admired the effort and time you would have spent to get there. There was a care you had to your work and the people who entered that building.

Natasha spent the next week avoiding small talk and admiring you from afar until she gained the courage to engage in your casual conversations. From there your relationship bloomed. You both didn't live close but you made it work. Natasha would borrow, borrow being a nice way to say steal, a quinjet and come see you whenever she could. You would surprise her by being at the compound when she came home from a mission. 

You surprised Natasha by buying a small café over this way, the same day she surprised you by asking you to move in with her into the house she had bought with the hopes that you would say yes. Now you were in the home you shared with Natasha, watching your first snowfall.

Natasha found you by the large window near the kitchen watching as the snow was falling. Her heart warmed when you turned around with the biggest smile and the widest eyes. Natasha smiled just as wide as you bounced into her arms wrapping your arms tightly around her neck, hers around your waist keeping you close.

'Natty have you seen how much snow there is,' You exclaimed causing Natasha to laugh. She shook her head as you led her to the window. Natasha thought it was cute knowing you hadn't seen snow before, she knew you would be more excited when the heavy snowfall occurred, 'Do you want to build a snowman?' you sang out laughing as Natasha shook her head and pulled you close to her.

'How about we have some breakfast then we can bundle up and you can go build a snowman,' causing you to give Natasha a pout, you just wanted to get outside and have this new experience as quick as you could.

'We can go build a snowman,' you corrected her. It didn't take you long to convince Natasha to let you both skip breakfast and go get ready to go outside instead. You groaned as Natasha kept making sure you weren't going to get cold. Once you got outside you were taken back slightly not realising just how cold it would be, but you didn't let that stop you.

'Who ever builds the best snowman will do whatever the other chooses for a whole day,' Natasha raised her eyebrow at you while coming up with the bet.

'No fair, you probably have years of experience on me,' You whined out before Natasha kindly reminded you of her unusual upbringing. You agreed now that you both were equally matched when it came to building a snowman.

You laughed when you looked over at Natasha, she had abandoned building her snowman having grown frustrated she couldn't get anything to go the way she wanted to. You were intrigued as she kneeled on the ground facing away from you. You had no idea what she was up to but you knew it wasn't good.

Smiling to yourself you turned back around to continue on your own. Quietly singing to yourself working on your snowman until you felt something cold hit your back. Natasha thought you were cute singing to yourself, she watched you for a while before she decided to throw the snowball at you. She almost felt bad. Almost.

Natasha was laughing as you turned around. Your eyes widened as you saw just how many snowballs Natasha had made. You tried to make a run for it, not knowing how difficult it would be. You laughed as you felt more balls hit you and Natasha's loud laughs as she chased you with ease. 

Looking behind you was your mistake as you took the wrong step and instantly fell down. Natasha would've been concerned if you weren't still laughing and smiling. So she took that as a sign for her to continue. She carefully dropped her snowballs to the side of you, straddling your waist and pinning both your hands above your head with only one hand. Natasha smirked, the position was definitely not unusual for the two of you. Though right now Natasha's plans for you were far from what would normally be the case in this position. 

'Give me one good reason why I shouldn't make you eat the snow,' Natasha challenged you, knowing you could never come up with anything good enough.

'You love me,' you whispered out, knowing Natasha wouldn't give in to that.

'Oh I do, don't I? Well I guess you drive a hard case,' You didn't know whether she was be sarcastic but she made you believe she was letting you off easy this time. Until you felt the coldness of snow on your face.

'Eat the snow,' Natasha yelled, letting go of your wrists, grabbing a handful of snow covering you with it. Before Natasha knew it you had picked up a few of her snowballs still sitting next to you and you tackled her making sure she got a taste of her own medicine.

You both laid there, covered in snow in each others arms, until your laughing subsided. Natasha got up first, offering you her hand to help you up.

'Detka, my sweet one, lets get you warm and dry,' Natasha held your hand back to the house and into the bathroom. You undressed while she ran a bath for the both of you. You heard Natasha gasp as she turned around to face you.

'Have I ever told you how beautiful you are,' Natasha came up behind you, wrapping her arms around your waist, catching your gaze in the mirror.

'You know what else could warm me up right now,' Natasha raised an eyebrow at your offer.

'Well who am I to stand in the way of my sweet one warming up,' You span around catching Natasha's lips in a passionate, deep kiss while she led you both to the bedroom.