familiar faces | fluff (n.r.)

Summary: You are meeting Natasha's family for the first time. Or at least you thought you were meeting them for the first time. But the women of the family seem familiar, a little too familiar..

Warnings: Slight mention of Natasha's past (not in detail). Gun violence, violence in general, mentions of blood and blood loss, slight memory loss (if I've missed something please let me know). Other than that it's fluff

Notes: First request from Tumblr (nats-dreamland). Didn't expect one so soon but hopefully you like this one :) italics is a past recount/flashback/memory.

_________________________
'Nervous, dorogoy?' Natasha asked.

You were currently walking hand in hand towards the house in front of you. The house that Natasha's family called home. After a year of dating, Natasha was finally ready for you to meet her family. Natasha had kept you from meeting them earlier, not because she was afraid they wouldn't like you. She was afraid they would scare you away. Natasha knew her family can be intimidating and overbearing.

Every time Natasha came to visit her family would get disappointed at the absence of you. Natasha hopes that by bringing you along this time they'll finally stop annoying her.

'Is it that obvious?' You wanted to make a good impression. Natasha assured you that they would love you no matter what.

'Relax,'

That was definitely easier said than done. Especially when Natasha led you through the open door to her family's home. To your surprise the house was empty. This fueled your nerves even more not knowing the exact moment you'd be face to face with her family.

'I'll go find them. I won't be long promise detka,' Natasha gave you a quick kiss before leaving you in the living area to find her family.

You began looking around at all the photographs that were placed around the room. Smiling at seeing photos of little Natasha. Despite Natasha's past and the context behind the photos you still enjoyed seeing photos of her childhood. It makes you happy that they were all able to reunite, overcome their differences and have another chance at being the family they all deserved to have.

'Enjoy snooping?' A familiar voice caught you off guard. You whipped your head around, your eyes went wide as you found yourself face to face with the blonde again.

'Be nice Yelena,' Natasha's voice came from behind you as she wrapped her arms around you from behind leaning her head on your shoulder. It was the comfort you didn't know you needed. Though it didn't take your mind away from the blonde standing in front of you. Why did she seem so familiar?

'I was only teasing,' Yelena shrugged then walked past the pair to grab the bottle of vodka from the table and retreat back into her room.

'Well she's -'

'Something else,'

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding and turned around in Natasha's arms. It didn't last long before she was dragging you through the house and into the kitchen where you came face to face with another familiar face.

'Dorogoy, meet my mama Melina. Melina meet-'

'Y/N,' Natasha was taken by surprise and looked between you and Melina in a state of confusion.

'How do you know each other?'

'Natasha, that's not important. Chop the vegetables, Y/N has to meet Alexei,' With that Melina grabbed your arm and dragged you into the garden where you met Alexei.

He was the only one in the family that you weren't familiar with. Surprisingly, Alexei was the least intimidating member of the family. Before you knew it you Alexei has brought you in for a bone crushing hug.

'Alexei you're going to hurt the poor girl,'

'Is it so terrible that I'm excited to meet her,' Alexei reluctantly let you out of the hug, 'Natasha has been keeping her from us for too long,' Alexei complained as you all made your way back into the kitchen. Yelena had joined Natasha in the kitchen watching Natasha prepare dinner.

Dinner was ready and you had all sat down. Yelena continued to offer you drinks to which you kept accepting, you didn't want to seem rude plus it seemed to help calm your nerves. The women of the family were definitely the most intimidating, you thought they were judging you by the looks they were throwing around. But it was the opposite, Yelena and Melina were silently trying to work out how to tell Natasha.

'So are you going to tell me how you know my girlfriend or are you going to continue with this facade?' Natasha was clearly irritated that she was being kept out of the loop.

You had been on this mission for 3 months now. You had been scoping out this base in Europe finally ready to infiltrate and collect intel. Given your relationship with Natasha the background to this base had been kept a secret so you could effectively do the job at hand. You were the next best spy after Natasha of course.

Everything was going great. You had secured the intel and no one had noticed you, at least that's what you thought. As you went to make your way out of the base you felt a pain in your shoulder. You looked up and saw the blonde that had shot you. You went to make a move but another shot rang through your ears and suddenly everything became dark.

The next thing you knew, you woke up in immense pain. You noticed you had been fixed.

'There isn't much time. Down to the left there's an exit. You'll have to fight your way through. You think you can handle that?' You were confused. You didn't know the brunette woman who was helping you. Were you still in the base?

'I know I can handle it,' You were confident and the brunette instantly liked that about you.

'Natasha be nice. Yelena was just doing her job,' Melina saw the glare the red head held towards her younger sister. Natasha was protective over you and hearing that Yelena had injured you wasn't sitting well with her.

You rested your hand on Natasha's thigh rubbing it softly to calm her down and reassure her everything is fine. Natasha looked at you and smiled softly which you returned.

'You probably deserved it,' Yelena shrugged and gave you another drink. You accepted it and gave her a smile. You quickly understood that this was Yelena's way of apologising.

'You have a good one, Natasha. Strong fighter just like you,' Your heart warmed at the compliment from Melina.

'Hey no fair,' Alexei interrupted, 'They got to see you first. Next time you're here it's Alexei and Y/N time,'

'Oh god,' Natasha hid her face out of embarrassment while you just laughed.

You didn't remember much from that mission afterwards, loosing all that blood messed with your memories. But everything clicked once the two women recounted their experiences with you. It sure was a small world. You couldn't help but smile at the scene in front of you. You didn't know why you were so nervous in the first place. All you knew was that you couldn't wait for Natasha to bring you back.