friend night into date night | fluff (n.r.)

Ever since you got back from your year long trip Natasha made sure you had a night just for the two of you every Friday night. Right before your trip you barely saw Natasha, she was constantly overworking herself in your opinion. It was nice to see her take some time for herself, and you got to spend time with your best friend. It was a win/win situation for both of you.

Normally your Friday nights consisted of either going out for dinner or staying home and ordering in. Either way they always ended with you sprawled out on the couch, watching movies with Natasha. Nights with no expectations from each other or anyone else is what both of you needed.

Tonight was like any other Friday night. Natasha had taken you to this new restaurant that just opened. You had been talking about it for months and how you really wanted to go as soon as it opened. Natasha instantly made a booking. She'd do anything to make you happy. She'd do anything for you.

You couldn't stop gushing over the food and how good it was. Natasha just listened to you, smiling at you the whole night. 

'Who's idea was it to walk,' You wrapped your arms around your body trying to find some warmth while you and Natasha walked back to the compound.

'If you're cold,' Before you could protest, Natasha placed her jacket over your shoulders and wrapped an arm around your waist pulling you closer to her. The warmth from Natasha's jacket and just from her was more than enough to get you through the walk back. You leaned your head on Natasha's shoulder closing your eyes for a second, missing the way Natasha smiled down at you.

'Keep it. It looks better on you anyway,' Natasha stopped you from giving her jacket back, 'You get the snacks and I'll get the blankets?' 

You weren't long into the movie when Natasha wrapped her arm around your shoulder pulling you in. Not long after that you had your head on Natasha's lap with her fingers gently running through your hair. Anyone would think you were together just seeing how you acted around each other. You were most comfortable around Natasha and she was most comfortable around you.

'Nat,' You whined out, 'Can I use your phone? Mine died and I'm too comfortable to get up,' You pleaded with her, giving her a look she couldn't say no to.

'Sure, now put those eyes away,' Natasha smiled at you before covering your eyes, they were her biggest weakness. 

'Nat, aw I'm your lock screen. You're mine too! See,' You held up your phone trying to turn it on forgetting that it was dead. Natasha laughed while you realised, 'Oh I'll show you later. Passcode please Natty,' You held up the phone, watching each number as Natasha put in, 'Wait, that's my birthday,'

'Oh is that what that is,' Natasha tried to feign innocence. Natasha knows that you know, anything she does is never coincidental.

The movie had ended and you could feel Natasha staring at you. You locked her phone and placed it to the side, looking back up at Natasha. You were both smiling wide at each other until you noticed Natasha's smile falter and her body tense up gently. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion causing Natasha to sigh. 

'I have to show you something,' Natasha eventually spoke up. You let Natasha pull you from the couch and lead you to her room. You had been in her room plenty of times but Natasha's sudden change in behaviour had made you feel nervous. 

You watched Natasha while sitting on the edge of her bed. Natasha rummaged through her closet before pulling out a small box from the top. Natasha shyly handed the box to you, motioning for you to open it. You gave Natasha a reassuring smile noticing how nervous and afraid she seemed.

'Nat, you kept all the letters I sent you while I was away?' You kept looking through the box. There were all the letters you sent along with the little gifts and stickers you would sometimes send with a letter, 'Wow you must really love me,' You laughed out thinking that Natasha only loved and saw you as her best friend.

'Yup...,' Natasha whispered out, but loud enough that you managed to catch what she said.

'What?' Your eyes widened slightly, hoping that Natasha meant it in the way you wanted her to mean it.

'Y/N,' Natasha sat next to you on the bed, fidgeting with her fingers. You placed your hands on top of hers, holding them. Natasha instantly laced your fingers together, fidgeting slightly with your fingers while she contemplated her next words. Natasha hoped you felt the same, she didn't want to lose you, 'detka, when you were gone for the entire year, it killed me not being able to see you. The time apart made me realise how much you mean to me. It's why I suggested our Friday night friend night, not for the time off work but to spend uninterrupted time with you,' Natasha paused, trying not to let her fear take over.

'What are you saying Nat?' You had a good idea where this was going. You kept pushing because you wanted to hear her say it.

Natasha held your gaze, 'I love you, Y/N. I want to turn our friend nights into date nights,' 

Your smile widened at Natasha's confession, 'I love you too Nat. I didn't think you did that's why I left for so long. It was too painful to think or see you with someone that wasn't me,' You looked towards your lap, fearing Natasha would be upset with you.

Natasha lifted your head up and leaned in kissing you. The butterflies in your stomach grew. It was everything you dreamed of and so much more, 'You never have to worry about that, detka. I'm all yours and only yours,'