connect the dots | fluff (y.b.)

Summary: You and Yelena should never be trusted alone, especially with vodka and a marker

___________________
'You ready Y/N/N,' You heard your best friend call out for you.

'I'm ready!' You posed in the hallway just outside your room where Yelena was waiting for you.

'Such a poser,' Yelena shook her head at you handing you a shot that you took together, 'It's just us tonight. Nat said something about not wanting to babysit us,'

'Lame. We don't need Tasha to have fun,' You grabbed Yelena's hand dragging her back to the kitchen where you had your vodka bottles and shot glasses lined up.

You handed Yelena another shot before turning your back and filling up 3 shot glasses, only one having vodka in it.

'Russian roulette?'

'It's not the same without a gun,' You smirked when you heard Yelena mumble.

'Maybe one day,' you both laughed knowing that would never happen, Natasha would intervene before the thought even got into action.

Thats the thing, you and Yelena were troublemakers when paired together. 9 times out of 10 you had to call someone to bail you both out of the situations you got yourselves into.

'You totally got the shot! You can't take it with a straight face to save your life,' Yelena laughed at you as you scrunched your nose. You did that every time and the ex-spy had caught on.

'Lena,' you whined, 'No fair, you can't always use your spy abilities,'

'It's called I know my best friend better than they know themselves,'

By the time you were ready to head out for the night, you were slightly tipsy. Yelena could hold her alcohol a bit better than you but she wasn't that far behind you.

'Lena! Dance with me,' You yelled over the loud music not sure if the blonde heard you.

'What?'

'Come dance!' You grabbed Yelena's hand when you realised she hadn't heard you again.

'Oh,' Yelena laughed out once you hit the dance floor.

You got lost in the music, enjoying the atmosphere and dancing with your best friend. You only stopped dancing when you felt like your head wouldn't stop spinning.

Even though your head was spinning and you could barely make out the words Yelena was saying. You still dragged her to the bar to get yet another round.

You both decided to sit at the bar, fearing your legs wouldn't be able to hold you any longer. Yelena was talking to you, but you had no idea what she was saying. All you could think about was all the little freckles you never noticed on her face. At least you thought you saw freckles. You squinted trying to get a better look.

Putting your empty glass, letting out a huff when you couldn't work out whether there were freckles or you were seeing things. You spotted a marker on the top of the bar. Leaning over you grabbed the marker and pointed it towards Yelena's face.

'Y/N/N what are you doing?' Yelena laughed noticing the marker heading towards her face.

'Connecting the dots,' laughter continued to erupt once you pressed the marker on the blondes face.

Soon enough the blondes face was filled with random shapes that supposedly her freckles connected all together.

'Let me have a turn,' Yelena whined until you handed the marker over.

'But I don't have any freckles Lena,'

'Don't be silly they're everywhere!' Yelena took the marker to your skin, hand barely able to draw a straight line from how intoxicated you both were.

The rest of the night was a complete blur but you somehow ended back at the compound, all on your own. Your neck hurt from waking up after passing out on the bathroom floor. Looking around there was no trace of your best friend.

Everything ached and your body felt heavy as you lifted yourself off of the floor. Exiting the bathroom you were met with the smell of food being cooked, making your stomach grumble. The feeling of nausea making you realise you haven't eaten anything since before going out and you still didn't know what time it was now.

You stepped into the kitchen the same time Yelena did, just from different directions. At least you didn't have to look for her anymore, not that you'd really started.

'Lena, how are you feeling,' You didn't pay much attention to the blonde, all you wanted was something to ease the pain.

'As good as you look, like shit,' Yelena shrugged as you scoffed, 'What's on your face by the way?'

'What do you mean?' You looked up at Yelena and choked back a laugh, 'You should see yours,'

Both you and Yelena ran into the bathroom to look at the marker lines all over your face.

'What are they even connecting?' Yelena looked on confused, 'Are they supposed to be something?'

'I thought I saw dots. Assumed they made a picture,' Some of your memories started to come back, bits and pieces but nothing to make a full conclusion on what happened.

'Please tell me you didn't use permanent marker,' Yelena groaned not wanting to deal with it.

'I don't even know where I got a marker let alone what type it was,'

'Remind me to never leave you two alone again,' Natasha shook her head at the two of you as she passed the bathroom on her way to the kitchen.