only if you're cold | fluff (n.r.)

You weren't normally one to wake up early. All your training was done in the afternoons and you preferred to keep it that way. But when it came to Natasha you couldn't say no to her. Every now and then you would change your schedule, getting up earlier so you would have more free time to spend together in the afternoons. You both had different ideals with schedules and you respected each others wants and needs. But sometimes you both would make compromises to your own schedules just for the other.

A few weeks ago she had asked you to change your routine for today, wanting to take you out in the afternoon. You groaned while training since she had you wake up before dawn. You claimed it should be illegal to wake up before the sun's awake, to which Natasha just rolled her eyes and laughed at you. She always found it amusing how you weren't a morning person and you would always let everyone know. 

'It'll be worth the early morning. I promise, detka,' Natasha leaned down to give you a quick kiss while you collapsed tiredly on the couch.

'You better hope so, Romanoff,' A small grumble fell from your mouth while you started to drift off. Natasha curled up beside you, holding you while you had a small nap. Natasha loved holding like this. You were always so peaceful while you slept that she always wondered if anything ran through your head. If you had any dreams. Natasha imagined if you did that your dreams would be just as sweet as you are. 

Natasha smiled looking down at you, running her hand along your back while holding you close. Neither of you had anything to do after training so you spent a good amount of time in Natasha's arms. Up until she woke you to get ready for your night out. She wouldn't tell you where you were going but did pick out an outfit for you. Surprisingly you were both dressed casually which made you more curious where you were going and what she had planned.

'Where's your jumper?' Natasha furrowed her eyebrows when she saw you weren't wearing the jumper she had put with the rest of your outfit.

'I don't need it,' You stated confidently. The day had been quite warm so you didn't see the point in taking a jumper just to carry it around the whole time and never wear it.

'Detka, you'll get cold,' Natasha warned but you weren't listening to you. You knew yourself better than she did.

'Nat, I won't. And I don't want to carry it if I'm not wearing it,' Natasha just shrugged and let it go, making a mental note to bring this up when you inevitably get cold later on in the night, 'Where are we going?'

'That's for me to know and you to find out,' Natasha smirked as she led you out of the compound. 

It didn't take long before you were standing at this lookout, looking at the city below you. Taking in your surroundings and everything Natasha had set up. A small picnic by candlelight dinner. Absolutely breath taking and perfect. The view was great but the view you had when you sat on the blanket across from Natasha was even better.

'Nat, this is perfect!' You were still in awe at how beautiful and peaceful the evening was, 'What special occasion is this for?' You laughed out, joking around, but you stopped laughing when Natasha's face fell.

'You don't remember?' Her eyebrows furrowed and you began to panic, searching through your mind, trying to remember all of your special occasions you had together. Your mind was drawing blank.

'What do you mean?' You held your breath not wanting to upset her. Though you turned confused when Natasha broke character and started to laugh right in front of you, 'Wait, Nat, what's funny?'

'I'm just messing with you detka,' Natasha popped a grape into her mouth, playfully nudging her shoulder with yours. You scoffed pretending to be upset with her, 'Aw baby come on,' Natasha pulled you onto her lap, wrapping her arms around you while placing kisses all over your face until she saw a smile. Though it was small it was still a smile which made her victorious.

You didn't move much, instead just getting comfy in between her legs with your head laying on her stomach. You both talked and ate good food, enjoying each others company. Being avengers, the two of you didn't get a lot of downtime together, so this was exactly what you needed. Watching the sun set with the love of your life was the perfect end to the night. You stayed wrapped up in each other, not wanting to leave this moment.

More conversation flowed between the two of you until you settled in a comfortable silence as you both watched the stars shining above you. Since the sun had set the air had a slight chill to it, causing goose bumps to appear on your arm. But you did your best to hide your coldness from Natasha, knowing she would tease you for it. 

Though it wasn't long before your body betrayed you and sent a shiver down your spine. Natasha noticed how your body shook and smirked slightly, 'Are you cold, detka?' Natasha whispered in your ear. Not having to see your face she knew your expression would be a slight frown since you didn't want to admit to Natasha that she was right.

'No,' A slight grouch to your voice was enough to confirm to Natasha that you were in fact cold.

'Aw my baby's cold,' You kept trying to deny it but your facade was slowly breaking, 'You know detka,' Natasha started, 'You can have my hoodie if you're cold,' You instantly sat up and turned around to face Natasha, your face lighting up at the thought of wearing her hoodie, 'But only if you're cold,'

'Fine,' You rolled your eyes, 'Yes I'm cold. Yes you were right, I should've brought my jumper. But I never need to when you bring yours,' Natasha laughed and called you silly, but she knew that she would give you anything you wanted or asked for. Including the clothes right off of her own body.

You slipped on the hoodie and instantly felt warm. Even better when you snuggled back against her and all you could smell was Natasha. She was your comfort, your warmth. You closed your eyes allowing yourself to be fully encased by Natasha, in all the ways you could have her right now. 

But your eyes instantly opened when you realised that it was cold and she was now without a jumper, 'Nat, won't you get cold?' You pouted, worried about your girlfriend. Natasha just leaned down to kiss the pout off of your face, reassuring you that she was fine.

'Not when I have my sunshine to keep me warm,'