as the seasons change | vent + hurt/comfort (n.r.)

The days were getting shorter and the nights were getting longer. The same time every year, right as fall was starting. As soon as the leaves started changing their colour is when you notice your mood and mind had started shifting. Even though the same thing happens at the same time every year it still overwhelms you. 

All throughout spring and summer you're happy and enjoying life and then suddenly one day you wake up to find you were slowly on the decline again. It was gradual enough that you hadn't realised until one morning you found yourself not being able to find the strength to get up and go through another day.

It always frustrated you and made you annoyed at yourself. You just wanted to be able to enjoy fall and winter without the heaviness that weighed you down all season long. Getting your morning coffee you would watch those around you. They all seemed happy and content, dressed in their cute fall outfits and smiles that weren't strained. While you sat in the corner of the coffee shop trying to get a smile to sit and not look forced. 

After a few days of this routine you soon stopped getting up so early, soon turning into not leaving your house unless you needed to. This time of year you struggled to keep up with your social relationships, losing friends due to lack of communication from you never bothered you anymore. It was all apart of this never ending routine of your life. You managed to keep your seasonal depression a secret. Though no one cared enough to notice you constantly fell apart to your seasonal depression every year. Rebuilding yourself throughout the summer, that's all anyone ever saw.

This year you knew it was going to be harder. Harder to hide your depression from those around you. During the summer you were given the promotion from an agent to an avenger. An opportunity you couldn't turn down. Though now you weren't particularly thrilled to be an avenger. You were still quite knew so you felt like you had a lot to prove to the rest of the team. You definitely didn't want to come off as weak as you felt when you struggled with your thoughts and your mind due to the seasons. Losing control to something as simple as the weather seemed ridiculous compared to the trauma of your teammates. It was going to be exhausting but it's what had to be done. 

--------------------------------------

'Y/N you're 10 minutes late,' Natasha stated as she stood in the training room waiting for you. You and Natasha were equal when it came to hand-to-hand combat so it was obvious to put you both on the same training schedule. Even though you were both equally matched there was still a lot you were able to learn from Natasha. 

'Sorry Nat. I-'

'No excuses. Our rule, remember?' Natasha had cut you off to remind you the promise you made to each other from your first training session together. You had arrived early to your training session with Natasha. She was impressed by you from the beginning and you had never let her down since. Though while you were concerned with your punctuality, Natasha was concerned with your wellbeing. She spent a lot of time with you to get a feeling when something isn't right.

'Right, let's do this,' You watched as Natasha offered her hand to help you up again. Normally you were able to pin Natasha every time, or at least put up more of a fight. Though today, each time it didn't take long for Natasha to have you pinned. 

'I think that's enough for today,' Natasha cut your session short noticing your mind wasn't with you at training. You had only trained for half the time you normally would, but due to lack of sleep, you were as tired as if it was a full training session. Natasha noticed how tired you seemed and made a note to continue to watch you just to make sure you were okay. 

'I know that face,' Even though you were tired you still noticed the slight change in the way Natasha looked at you, 'I'm fine, just didn't sleep well. No need to worry, I'll be back to kicking your ass tomorrow,' You joked as you left the training room, heading straight back to your room.