gardening | fluff (n.r.)

'Nat? Where are you?' You were walking around the outside of the compound trying to find your girlfriend. Every day around noon for a few hours you notice that she disappears, you've never been able to find her but you've only ever looked inside the compound so today you thought you would check around the outside.

After you called out you heard a bang along with hearing other items falling and banging together. You raised your gun and walked towards where the noise came from. Natasha had always wanted you to carry your gun on you, especially after the blip happened there's no knowing who is around and anything could happen.

'Y/N?' You heard Natasha's voice and you slowly started to lower your gun and completely put it away once you saw her head pop out from behind a small door, 'What are you doing?'

'I could ask you the same question, you disappear all the time I just wanted to know that you are okay,' You were genuinely concerned about Natasha since you knew she was taking it all much harder than the others. You knew how stressed she was trying to find a way to bring everyone back.

'Come with me,' Natasha sighed, she didn't want to argue or fight with you so she invited you through the door and to where she had been retreating to every day for the past few months.

'Wow Nat, you did all of this?' You were led down some stairs that opened up into empty space underneath the compound that Natasha has filled with large vegetable gardens along with smaller ones for flowers. You noticed a small sunflower patch closest to a window that let in most of the light. There was plenty of grow lights so everything was looking vibrant and healthy.

'It's been an escape for me. Wanda taught me the basics and I've been doing a lot of my own research. It's comforting being able to take care and watch each plant, vegetable and flower grow,' Natasha picked up the watering can and started to water the ones closest to her, 'Did you want to help me? I could use the company,'

'I'd love to help you Natty,' Natasha instantly lit up and started to show you everything she knew. A few hours later you were in the middle of repotting some of her seedlings into larger garden beds, 'did you ever expect your life was going to be like this?'

'I never thought I would take up gardening, I didn't think I had the patience for it,' You and Natasha both laughed and smiled. It was nice doing something that seemed normal and could help you escape the reality of losing half the world's population.

'Did you think we were going to lose?' You breathed out, talking about losing the battle was hard for both of you. You both had lost some of your closest friends, who you considered family.

'We had never lost before I didn't think our winning streak was over,' tears started to form in Natasha's eyes, 'I miss them,' You saw the tears fall out of the corners of her eyes. You dropped everything and pulled Natasha into your embrace, neither of you caring about the dirt you were both covered in.

'We can do this Nat. Together, we'll bring them back. You can show them your garden you started all on your own. Wanda will be so proud of you Nat,' You caught Natasha's gaze and leaned in, capturing her lips with your own. It was a soft kiss but shared so many emotions between the two of you. Natasha pulled back leaning her forehead against yours.

'Thank you for being here with me. Detka, I'll love you forever and always,'

'I'll always love you too Natty,'

a/n: this one was originally from an idea where it was like wanda coming back from the blip to find nat's secret garden that she had started to give herself some hope or to remind her of wanda something along that <3 i also love gardening haha