will you two ever grow up? | fluff (y.b.)

'Is subject in position?' You spoke through the comms while you stayed in position.

'Subject is almost in position,' Yelena's voice came through the comms as she watched Natasha move from the quinjet towards the compound. You were excited to pull this off since you'd been waiting to get her all day.

You and Yelena had been best friends during their time in Ohio, so you knew Natasha just as well as you knew Yelena. You were just the same age and maturity level as Yelena at the time, the two of you just clicked. Reuniting with them both, you were over the moon. It was some lonely years without your best friend. You both went through things and changed as people but deep down you were the same Y/N and Yelena from when you were six.

Watching intently so you wouldn't mess up on cue, you almost didn't hear Yelena's cue. Lucky for you that you did hear it and released the rope you were holding on to. Natasha was calmly walking into the compound, ready for mission debriefs before she was hit with what felt like water but then something dry to follow. She was frozen in place. Natasha could hear both yours and Yelena's laughter knowing it was the work of you two. Opening her eyes she was met with glitter all over the ground, lifting her arms and looking down at her own body she had been hit with your famous glitter bombs.

'Shhh Lena, they'll hear us,' You tried to get your best friend to stop laughing so loud. The two of you were up way past your bedtime. Having made a little blanket fort, you were both laughing and drawing up ideas for your latest prank. It wasn't uncommon for you both to set up pranks, it's the main reason parents were always called into the principal's office at school. Which wasn't ideal for Alexei and Melina but to stay in school Yelena promised to not prank classmates or get into any more trouble at school.

She didn't promise to never prank anyone again. That's when she suggested pranking her sister, Natasha. You were always a bit scared of Natasha, naturally because she was older and the glare she could give if anyone got on her bad side. You didn't want that glare to be towards you. Though when Yelena gave you her best puppy dog eyes, you just had to agree. Plus it was more time you got to spend with your best friend and more time away from your own parents.

'This is genius!' Yelena exclaimed when you had figured out your signature prank, the one you would then use many years later without any hesitation, 'We have everything here if we want to try this tomorrow?'

'Tomorrow sounds perfect,' You and Yelena shook hands like you were making a business deal. Then spent the rest of the night finalising the plan and getting everything prepared for it.

The next day came, neither of you slept from nerves and excitement. Laughter filled the house but to everyone else it was normal for you both to just break out in laughter for no particular reason. Nothing out of the ordinary. Natasha had no idea what was coming for her later on that day.

Every time you were around Natasha you had to try and keep calm and not act suspicious but with Yelena around it was almost impossible. Yelena would make faces and everything you were keeping inside would bubble over, leaving you both on the ground. It was a miracle the prank even got set up in the end.

'I hope this works,' You expressed your nervousness out loud once the last thing was in place.

Yelena swung an arm around your shoulders and pulled you close, admiring your handiwork, 'This is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see the look on her face,' The two of you laughed, imagining how Natasha is going to take being covered in glitter. It'll make her less intimidating for sure, 'Thanks for doing this with me,'

'I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else,' The faux seriousness didn't last long before another round of laughter bubbled over. You grabbed a walkie talkie as Yelena ushered you into your position.

'Stay in contact through these,' Yelena held up the walkie talkie, 'I'll give you the signal and then you pull and let go,'

Yelena quickly ran off to monitor Natasha's movements, 'Is Natasha in position?' Your voice came through Yelena's walkie talkie.

'Natasha is almost in position. Also I will tell you when it's time, remember?' Yelena was hiding behind bushes and doing her best to not be spotted while replying to you.

'You said stay in contact?' Even though she couldn't see you, you still shrugged. Yelena held back a laugh.

You were slightly distracted and not focused when Yelena's cue came through. Her voice scared you, making you jump and let go of the rope without thinking. Luckily for you, you still managed to pull the rope first so everything was set off.

Natasha was minding her business when she was being called over by her parents to help bring food outside for lunch when she felt the cold and wetness crash onto her from above and not long after there was a weird dry and scratchy feeling that she felt. Alexei and Melina saw as it happened and tried their best to stifle their laughter while watching their eldest get covered in glitter.

On the other hand, you and Yelena both appeared and fell on the ground laughing. Natasha opened her eyes, lifting her arms up to discover what had happened. If you were paying attention you would've stopped laughing as soon as Natasha threw you both her deadly glare.

Natasha shook her head and threw her hands up annoyed, 'Ugh-,'

'- will you two ever grow up?' Natasha rolled her eyes and stormed off leaving you and Yelena standing in the doorway. Maybe pranking Natasha after she got back from a mission wasn't the best idea, but you both had the time of your lives anyway. It was just the same old you and Yelena, as if you were both six years old and doing this for the first time. The memories it brought back.

You smirked and shrugged, looking towards Yelena, 'apparently not,'