failed intimidation | fluff (y.b.)

Summary: Natasha has the wrong idea about your relationship with Yelena
Pairings: Ace!Yelena x Ace!Reader, Natasha x Reader (platonic)
Warnings: protective older sister, nat threatens you, intimidation, soft angst? lmk if there's anymore?
_______________________
'Yelena, don't burn the garlic bread!' You yelled, laughing while you went to answer the door. It had become a running joke between the two of you to never let Yelena cook the garlic bread. Somehow she always managed to burn it and this was your last loaf before restocking, you couldn't risk it. Yelena laughed loudly as you heard another knock, the person on the other side becoming inpatient, 'Coming,' The person you came face to face with was unfamiliar. Your eyebrows furrowed as you searched the person for a distinctive or familiar feature to recognise her but nothing was springing to mind.

'Where's Yelena?' Her voice was husked but strong and didn't fail to intimidate you. Normally you wouldn't be thrown off so easily but she was more forward than you were expecting, straight past the small talk or any form of introduction. Straight to business.

'Who are you?' You cursed yourself for how small you sounded. Your voice failing on you and coming out quiet and timid. Almost like you were afraid of the person standing in front of you. Which you were but you didn't want her to know that.

'I should be asking you that since you're the stranger in my sister's apartment,' She watched you, obvious signs that she was growing impatient with you, as you opened and closed your mouth several times attempting to speak.

'Natasha, what are you doing here,' You visibly relaxed, sighing a breath of relief, as Yelena came to save you from the interaction you were having with her sister.

'I came to speak to you,' Natasha wanted to continue but then she looked towards you again before shifting back to Yelena's gaze, 'It's confidential,' Almost as if on cue you could smell a slight burning smell coming from the oven. Your eyes widened as you realised you needed to save the garlic bread, or was that garlic bread burning saving you from Natasha's burning gaze.

'Yelena, the garlic bread,' You groaned as you rushed back into the kitchen.

'I'm sorry dorogoy,' Yelena yelled out after you before turning her attention back to her sister. You heard the front door close and then another door, assuming they had gone into your shared bedroom to talk since there wasn't any other spaces confidential enough in your small apartment.

You kept yourself busy cleaning the apartment and figuring out something else you and Yelena could snack on. You ended up with a few different types of cakes in the oven by the time the pair had reappeared, 'Be nice,' You heard Yelena whisper to her sister. That was one of the few things Yelena wasn't good at, whispering. Even though she would try and pretend she was you knew otherwise.

'I'll see you soon, Lena,' Natasha's hard gaze fell back on you. She looked you up and down once more before giving you a slight tight lipped smile and nod before she was out the door. Yelena gave you an apologetic smile.

'I'm sorry about Natasha. She can be a bit-'

'Intense,' You laughed off how anxious she had made you.

'Yeah,' Yelena breathed out, 'But you're okay?' She wrapped her arms around you and held you tightly against her chest, you gave a slight nod as best you could. As long as you had Yelena you could get through any intense and uncomfortable first meetings with her family, 'Can we save the garlic bread?' You heard the hopefulness in her voice.

'I made cake instead,' Watching as the previous pout that covered her face was replaced with a wide smile and eyes full of love towards you.

'What would I do without you,'
———————————————
A few days passed since your first interaction with Natasha. Yelena was out on a mission and you were happily dancing and singing along to your favourite songs while you redecorated the place. Absorbed in your music you almost missed the knock on the door. Before opening the door you knew who it was just by the knock. It was the same impatient knock just like the other day, 'Yelena's not here,'