routine | fluff (n.r.)

Natasha was one for routines. Routines started as a distraction from dwelling on her past for too long. As the years went on, Natasha didn't need a routine as strict as the one she placed herself in, but she had grown accustomed to it. Natasha's routine made her feel secure, like she had a place in the world. One that Natasha had been made to believe she didn't have.

Natasha's routine only revolved around herself and no one else. That was until you came along. When you joined the team no one could've predicted just how much of an impact you would make on Natasha. How much her routine would change just for you. You managed to add deviations within Natasha's well set out routine.

It started small, things that Natasha didn't notice. You started accompanying her on her 5am runs and on days you didn't feel like running you and stayed back at the compound, Natasha made sure to call you. She missed you when you weren't on her runs, your voice helped motivate her further. Those 5am runs without a purpose suddenly had a purpose when Natasha adapted her running path to include running passed the local cafe. The one where you'd stop for coffee and a light breakfast before continuing. The one Natasha would make sure to stop by and bring you food from on the days you didn't run.

The closer you and Natasha got, the more you managed to alter her daily routine. Natasha would change her routine depending on yours. If you had a morning mission but would be back in the afternoon, Natasha would make sure she finished her routine early so she could spend time with you when you got back. If you had a mission later on in the day, Natasha would push back her routine to make time for you before you left.

It wasn't long after that when Natasha noticed her routine had completely changed to incorporate you into it. A smile made its way across Natasha's face when she walked into her room after her morning run holding a coffee and a small bag of food for you. You were wrapped up in her sheets, you were still holding your phone after having fallen asleep during Natasha's morning run.

'Detka,' Natasha whispered as she sat on the bed next to you. You slowly stirred awake, smiling as you saw Natasha was back.

'So what's the plan for today, Nat?' You sat up taking the coffee and food from Natasha, your eyes fluttering as you invite the warmth of the coffee.

'That's the thing. Detka, I was thinking,' Natasha let out a small laugh, 'I've realised that you keep interrupting my daily and, holy shit, do I love it,' Natasha looked at you with so much love and adoration, 'I've never let allowed myself to adapt and change for anyone. But you, you help me realise what life is all about. You remind me to live for me and not who others need me to be,'

Natasha had finally realised that she didn't need her routine to help her realise her place in the world. You had become Natasha's world and as long as she had a place in your life, she had a place in this world.