When a door closes another opens up

Marinette had tears in her eyes as she sat with her adoptive parents. Penny held Marinette hand tight as Marinette continued to read the letter. While Jagged rubbed her back in throat comforting way that he knew how.

Marinette,

We are writing you this letter to inform you that your grandmother. Has passed away from a disease from a country that she had visited. Even though we no longer see you as our daughter. Your grandmother still saw you as family and so as a last request from her before she passed we are inviting you to her funeral. All of her friends will be there and so please make sure to appear decent and act accordingly.

From,

Sabine and Tom

"Grandma..." Marinette whispered tears falling. Penny pulled her into a hug that Marinette excepted. Jagged wrapped his arms around the girls.

"We'll go to the funeral. And we'll be there every step of the way." Penny said pulling out of the hug. Marinette nodded before getting and went to figure out what she wanted to marry. And to also figure out everything that she a was feeling.

At the funeral

"And now her granddaughter Marinette would like to say a few words." The funeral announcer informed everyone before stepping down from the podium. Marinette walked up and stepped up on to the small stage that the podium was on. That was when everyone got a good look at what she was wearing.

 That was when everyone got a good look at what she was wearing

"Thank you, Mr

"Thank you, Mr. Johnson. Now I know most of you don't know me that well or at all. But I am Marinette Gina's granddaughter. Ever since I was little grandma always been in and out of my life with all of her travels. She actually sparked my interest creating clothes of my design. I enjoyed every moment I had with her. I am sad to say my final goodbyes to her. But I know my grandma wouldn't want me to stay sad for long. No, she would want me to move on with my life but always keep her close in me heart. And so that's what I'm gonna do. But I will ask you all one thing. Don't just mourn my grandma and look back a bittersweet feeling. No look back happily and know that she is free to do anything she wants but will always be with us in our hearts. Thank you." Marinette then went to her family gave them a quick hug then went to go get a drink.