Day 18 - Mended

Marinette ran away in tears. Damian had turned his back on her. He had down it without letting her explain a single thing. Damian saw Adrien kissing her. He walked off furious and wouldn't let her get a word out as he spiked her things and slammed the door to Wayne Manor in her face. She had grabbed her bags and ran. She couldn't go back to Paris and she couldn't stay in Gotham. She needed a new and fresh start where no one would know her. Checking into a some what okay motel for Gotham standards she pulled out her laptop.

She searched and searched for a place to live in. She smiled at finding a place that would work for her to start over. In the morning she moved and without telling anyone where she was going.

Thirteen years later

Damian walked down the halls in a sour mood. The same sour mood he has had for thirteen years. But it was worse than other days. It marked the day he cut the love of his life out of his life. He regretted it as soon as he found out the truth. And he went to look for Marinette he couldn't find her. She left no trace for him to find her.

Ever since then he has been in a sour mood. His family has been trying to find her but to no avail. Today he was only at work because there was an important meeting with the top designer in the world. His family needed this deal so they can work with them for a smart fabric theory.

When he entered the room he saw the owner of the company PA. He didn't know what it was short for but everyone knew that it was short for the real name of the brand. He couldn't see her face but he could see her dress she was wearing.

 He couldn't see her face but he could see her dress she was wearing

"Good morning, Mr. Wayne are we ready to start?" He heard her asked as him. Looking at the folder in his hands he sits down.

"Yes, we are all set." Damian replied looking up and coming face to face with Marinette.

She seemed calm and collected without the slightest hint of shock

She seemed calm and collected without the slightest hint of shock. She seemed to act as if he was a complete stranger.

"M...m... Marinette?" Damian whispered in shock. Marinette gave him a blank look.

"That is my name Mr. Wayne. But seeing as we are on a tight schedule I advice we start our meeting." Marinette replied as she wrote stuff down. Damian cleared his throat and nodded. When the meeting finished Damian watched Marinette waltz out without a second glance. He quickly got up and chased after her only to watch her drive off in her car. He had missed his chance to talk with her. But that didn't mean that he had miss his chance to mend things all together. Hurrying to Alfred he made his way home so he could start to track her down.

With Marinette

Looking out the window Marinette held back the tears. Marinette haven't gone out with anyone since Damian and today she could tell he hasn't either. But he chose his side when he shut her out. That's what she repeated to herself but this time. There was a little voice. Whispering to her that maybe just maybe there was a chance to mend things.

Opening the door to the rural and privately owned home Marinette had on the farthest out skirts of Gotham she smiled hearing her son. "Mama!" Marinette bent down and hugged him tightly then pulled way and looked at him. He looked like his father with his hair but the rest seem to come from her.

 He looked like his father with his hair but the rest seem to come from her

"How was the meeting?" He asked with his big dopey smile. Marinette smiled as Marinette messed with his hair earning her a pout from him.

"Well, my little squire I got a really good deal with the Wayne's " Marinette replied with a smile. The little boy before her frowned.

"Doesn't that mean you saw dad there?" He asked with unsureness. Marinette gave him a sad look.

"Yes, I did see you're father Raiden." Marinette saw her son deflate at the news. "How about you go to the kitchen and get the ingredients needed to make same of your favorite snack? We'll make them together?" Marinette suggested which caused her son to fill energy again. She laughed as he ran off. But it soon fell once she heard a knock at the door. Opening there stood Damian.

"Marinette, we need to talk." Damian said standing in the door way desperately. Marinette sighed as she looked at him.

"You are right we do need to talk. But now is not the time. We will talk and see if we can mend things later. Right now I have things to do...meet me where we first met." Was all Marinette said before closing the door and going to her son who was patiently waiting for her. Little did she know Damian saw Raiden and felt a lot more guilt and the urge to want to mend things between them increased.