Day 30 - Memory

Damian and Marinette were fighting side by side. Bruce and Salina had passed on their mantels to them. Having retired to enjoy their lives together having already reached their fifties. The fight Damian and Marinette were in was against Joker and his new partner Hailyee Quinton. They doing well with Damian having just knocked the Joker out. When Hailyee hit Marinette with her over sized hammer causing her to fly over the rail of the warehouse they were in.

Damian tossed a bat dart at Hailyee knocking her out. As he ran to the railing. There he saw Marinette had used the whip that was apart of being Catwoman to stop herself from falling into the gallons of chemicals below her. But he saw she was struggling. "Batman, the leather I can't get a firm grip!" Marinette called out to Damian. Her voice strained while showing that she was scared. Damian grabbed his grappling hook just then he heard something caused his heart to stop. Looking down he saw Marinette falling having lost her grip entirely on the leather whip. Jumping over the railing. Damian grabbed his other grappling hook. He shot on at Marinette waist and one at the ceiling.

Marinette reached for the grappling hook. She was able to grab it and tie it around her waist. Sighing in relief Damian looked at the one for the ceiling. It had just latched onto a metal beam. Just then he heard a splash looking down he felt his heart stop. Marinette had been stopped just before the chemicals but the jolt front the grappling hook yank caused her head to be dunk. The sudden disturbance made some of the chemicals spill over the edge. Damian quickly hit both of reel in button. Upon reaching the metal beams Damian quickly got on one and grabbed Marinette. He had already alerted the Commissioner Gordon. So didn't worry about that but how Marinette was unresponsive worried him. Once he had her securely in his arms he raced to the batmobile. Then got to the cave as quickly as possible.

Once there he saw Alfred and Bruce waiting for him. Laying Marinette down Alfred was checking her as Bruce hacked the information about the warehouse. Just then Bruce growled as he glared at the screen. "The chemical in that warehouse was pure Latrunculin. It affects memories but I don't know the severity for Marinette." Bruce said causing Damian to punch the dummie that is use for training. Just then Marinette woke up.

"Who are you? Where am I? And who am I?" She demanded as soon as she sat up looking around. Damian walked over to her slowly heart break in his eyes.

"I'm Damian your husband. Your in the batcave under Wayne Manor and your name is Marinette Fortune Wayne." Damian answered but could see the distrust and wariness in Marinette eyes.

"How do I know your telling the truth? For all I could know you kidnapped me and somehow erased my memories so you can use me in a way." Marinette said while she got up and slowly back away her eyes flickering between Damian, Bruce and Alfred.

"My name is Damian Wayne and I can prove it." Damian said his hands raised as he slowly went to the bat computer. There he pulled up their first date, wedding and the day they met. Marinette watched all of it. Her eyes widen as they glazed over. "Do you remember now?" Damian asked softly with pleading look in his eyes.

"It seems familiar but I don't remember. But I know your telling the truth." Marinette said sadness in her tone. Sadness that she her memory was gone. But through the help of everyone that she cares about and videos coupled with pictures Marinette memory slowly almost completely came back. The only things she couldn't remember was Lily, Adrien and the miscarriage she had a year earlier.