Haunted Hallow Day 2

"Morning little star." Damian said as he took a sip of his coffee. He set the mug down to grab the spatula and flipped the pancakes then moved the hash browns around. Aura walked over to the counter stoll and sat down.

"Morning daddy." Aura replied as she yawned her eyes still showed some drowsyness. Damian chuckled just then his phone rang. He grabbed it and turned to Aura.

"Go set the table Aura." He said as he answered the phone. He watched Aura get up grabbing the plates and utensils. "Who is this?" Damian demanded as he put the pancakes on a plate and the hash browns in a bowl then he turned the stove off.

"Damian when will you come home?" Bruce demanded through the phone. Damian frowned as he looked outside the window.

"What do you want father?" Damian demanded as he walked into his room. To make sure that Aura didn't overhear the conversation. "And I am perfectly happy where I am." Damian said not wanting to endure this conversation. He heard his father infamous sigh causing him to roll his eyes.

"Damian what happened is in the past please come home." Bruce said in a tone that Damian suspect that it was forced. He glanced at his lamp and caught it flickering quiet a bit. Smirking at that he focused on the call.

"You need me to come back right? The media is getting impatient for me to come back from my supposed trip. They are putting you in a bad image right?" Damian said as he glared at the chest at the foot of his bed an unpickable lock on it. He had stepped away from that life for a reason he had intention of going back. He couldn't go back.

"Damian want you to come back. It has nothing to do with the media. You don't even come to family gatherings. I and the family haven't seen you in years. It took me months to find your number." Bruce said through the phone with his scolding tone. Damian felt his anger spark upon hearing Bruce's tone and how Bruce hasn't ask why he left. Just then goosebumps appeared on his arms and the shower turned on. Damian got confused by this but responded to Bruce in the calmest manner he could without yelling at his father.

"Have you ever thought I chose to leave? Have you ever once wondered the reason I left? Father you know me. I wouldn't have left and build a who new life for me unless I chose to for the right reason." Damian said as he made it so the call couldn't pick up the running water. The steam was thick, the mirror was completely fogged up. He watched the window as words started to appear on the mirror.

"Damian, please come back. Just for a visit. Tim is getting married to Stephanie in a few weeks and everyone would love to see you. And we would be able to talk on why you left." Bruce said in a tone Damian never heard before. This confused him but the words on the mirror were complete.

"What happened?" Damian asked the question on the mirror.

"What?" Bruce responded. Damian smirked at the fact he confused his father.

"What happened? Something must have happened for you to search for me, find my number and call me to come back." Damian explained as he turned the water off. And write thank you on the mirror. He then went back to the room to finish the call. He heard his father sigh.

"Yes the media is wondering where you are, Tim is getting married to Stephanie, we all miss you and the League has fallen. Your mother is here and she doesn't have much time. She has stage four bone cancer. Her last wish is to see you and talk to you one last time." Bruce explained shocking Damian to his core. He felt himself stumble to the bed and collapsed on it. He never thought that the League would be truly dismantled or the fact that his mother would die from cancer.

"How long does she have?" Damian asked in a whisper. There was silence on the other end of the phone for a few moments.

"Three and a half weeks at best. But the doctors aren't confident." Bruce answered Damian's question. Damian looked at the pencil as it wrote something out. Once it fell he looked at it.