Yes Grandfather

Damian was running along the roof tops of Gotham. He had been Robin for roughly five years now. He was feeling like he would need to pass the role of Robin onto someone else soon. But his father thankfully hasn't continue his streak of being the serial adopter he known for being. But his father has gotten married and has a baby girl now. Though his wife Salina Kyle better known as Catwoman won't be letting their daughter go fight any crime anytime soon. Stopping at the docks Damian looks for any signs of trouble or unlawful activity. But there was nothing. Yet, when he went to go patrol another part of Gotham something stopped him. Deciding to follow this feeling for some odd reason Damian goes and takes a closer look at the docks. Upon inspection he found a grandfather with his granddaughter. Damian got closer to hear them.

"You must raise your arms and reach not just with your mind but will your whole being. Now try again granddaughter." The grandfather said in an uncaring tone as he stared down his granddaughter.

"Yes, Grandfather." The granddaughter said as she took a deep breath. She then closed her eyes and raised her arms. Damian watched her as she raised large amount of water from the docks. Damian stood there intreged at her abilities.

"Good job Marinette. But now, I want you to hold this same amount of water and this position while I am go do a few things." Her grandfather said coldly.

"Yes, Grandfather." Marinette said her arms shaking slightly. Her grandfather seemed to notice since he scowled.

"Granddaughter, when your father Percy and mother Annabeth gave their lives so you may live I took you in. Yet, you excel in your academics and have the same if not more power than your father. But for some reason you struggle. Maybe I should take you out of that Scotland school so you may practice your abilities you inherited from my son." At this the tons of water Marinette was holding in place dropped a few inches. Damian noted that tears formed in the corners of her eyes as she focused on the water.

"That won't be necessary grandfather. I will practice more and harder to hone my skills that I inherited from my father." Marinette replied as she brought the water back up to it's original position. Poseidon nodded in approval before he disappeared into sea mist. At this Damian raised his gloved hand to his comm.

"Robin to Batman." Damian said quietly watching Marinette who hasn't moved a muscle. It would seem as if she was a statue besides the rise and fall of her chest indicating her breathing.

"Batman to Robin report." Damain heard the gravely voice that belonged to his father.

"I am currently at the docks. I have come across a grandfather and granddaughter. It seems the grandfather is brutally training his granddaughter. It reminds me of a younger me before I came to you." Damian said noting how the longer Marinette the paler and weaker she seems to become.

"On my way." Was all he heard from his father before the comms went silent. Damian returned his full focus to Marinette causing him to finally notice the sword she had strapped to her.

That's when his father arrived. Damian glanced at his father and saw the spark in him without looking his father in the eyes. But ignoring it Damian turned back to studying Marinette. Damian felt a pit strat to form in his stomach as he watched at what he assumed to be a thirteen year old Marinette collapse to her knees. A pain and exhausted expression appearing on her features. Her hair was slowly being drench in sweat. He watched her struggle as she slowly stood back up on her feet. At this he turned to his father.

"Batman, we must get her away from her grandfather." Damian said in his demanding tone. But Damian knew that his father would agree. Marinette had all of the characteristics for his father to adopt her.

"I agree Robin. Let's go." Bruce said before he jumped down from their hiding spot on top of a loading crate hidden in the shadows. Damian followed his father. Together they approached Marinette who hasn't noticed them. Once they were close enough they took notice of all the scars that littered Marinette body. This caused their blood to boil but they didn't let it dictate their actions.

"Miss?" Damian called out to the young girl. Marinette caught by surprise and with the exhaustion dropped the tons of water she had been levitating. She spun around and looked at the two vigilantes before her. "Where is your guardians?" Bruce asked as he knelt down to get down to her eye level.

"My parents are gone. And I don't know where my grandfather is." Marinette replied while staring at Bruce.

"Do you have a place to stay?" Bruce asked next already coming up with a plan. Damian mentally sighed happy to see that Marinette shook her head no. "Well, I have a friend who would be happy to take you in. Not just tonight but to raise you as his own if you so chose." Bruce answered in a soft tone that he never used as Batman shocking Damian and Marinette. Hearing this brought a smile to Marinette tired face. Bruce picked Marinette up figuring that she would collapse if she took one more step. He took her to the batmobile and set her in the passenger side. She got buckled in before she soon fell asleep exhausted from what Poseidon had her doing.

In the batcave

"Timbo, do you know what's keeping B and Lil'd!" Dick asked as he leaned against the chair Tim was sitting in. Tim shook his head as he continues to type on the batcomputer. Just then they heard the batmobile and two motorcycles. Turning to the entrance they saw Bruce, Jason and Damian enter on their vehicles. But Tim and Dick got a shock when Bruce brought a thirteen year old girl out of the batmobile with him. Laying her on a medical table Bruce turned and addressed everyone.

"Her grandfather was treating her like how Ra's treated Damian. And her parents are gone so with consent from Salina I plan to adopt her. But, she does have abilities that only I and Damian know about. And it's going to stay that way until she opens up about them got it?" Bruce said using the tone the left no room for argument mixed with his Batman voice. The boys and Cass nodded in understanding and agreement with his plan. Just then the girl started to stir and gave out a groan as she sat up. Marinette looked around and saw the people around her but then looked shocked.

"Your the Wayne's. The bats are the Wayne's." Was all she whispered taking that knowledge in as the Wayne's looked at her shocked. She looked at them again and saw their shock mixed with confusion. "I'm a very observant person. Plus I had an architecture and Marine Biologist as my parents." Marinette answered as she got up slowly. They nodded excepting the answer. This is when Bruce goes to her since he had changed out of his Batman uniform.

"Marinette I may not know you that well, but I would like to adopt you into the family if you want." Bruce said softly with a smile.

"I would love that Bruce." Marinette said with a smile. Little did she know was that Damian was studying her while also planning to help get whatever things her grandfather taught her that could be detrimental to the world out of her head.

Yeah, Everyone sorry for the long wait but here is a one shot that will have more parts to it not sure how many though

Honah-Lee