Day 9 - Tears

This is for a warning from a kid one. I know it's late and I'm sorry about that but I hope you enjoy it

Marinette ran through the sewage system under Paris. The tears in her eyes remained unfallen. She never thought that Damian and their entire family would track her down. She thought after she ran away at the young age of nine years old that they would forget about her. But it seemed that Damian hadn't forgotten about her. Getting out of the sewage system she walked up the flights to her and her boyfriend studio apartment.

Luka was in the kitchen cooking when Marinette walked in with unshed tears. He put the the spatula down and rushed over pulling her into a hug. Marinette hugged back with a smile happy that she found Luka. That night they ate and recorded a new song that Marinette was gonna put in her new album that would be released next week.

Week with Damian

Damian was in the living room with his brothers thinking about Marinette his twin. He had a lot of regret for how he treated her. She had always been kind to him and everyone she met. So why did he let their grandfather ideology ruin his relationship with his twin? But one thing from the night at the private gym that was at the front of his mind were the tears in Marinette eyes. She looked older but the tears showed that she missed him. He wondered if she would ever try and reconnect with him. Just then a song was playing from the radio Dick had turned on.

Mama always told me that I was too naive
Gave away my trust for pennies
I said don't you worry
Didn't think that I'll be
Broken down and crying help me

Damian stiffened at the voice. It Amy had been years since he had heard his sister sing but he would recognize her voice anywhere.

Wrecked? Check
Heart? In debt
All you do is come around
Just came here to collect
Wrecked? Check
Heart? In debt

Guilt weighted down on him. When he had finally found her he saw that she was kicked out by her adoptive parents. But now she lives with her boyfriend who was a few years older than her.

Don't you know that I cried tears of gold for you?
I sit here poor for you
Collect my pennies and my dimes
That's why you love it when I cry
Platinum love for you
I'd give no less for you
Generosity is my enemy
So I'm broke and your heart's rich
Because of me

Lowering his head Damian knew this was true. Marinette had covered up all of his mistakes taking the blame. Helped him when struggled and defended him when she could. While she never asked for anything return. She even kept her treatment s secret from him until she ran away at nine years old. One year before Damain went to their father. And he never looked for her until it was four years later.

Know that this is my fault
Gave a little too much
Knew that this was gonna happen
But I'm not gonna lie
You can make me cry thousand times
I come on in back like
What is going on with my head?

Wrecked? Check
Heart? In debt
All you do is come around
Just came here to collect
Wrecked? Check
Heart? In debt

Damain looked at his brothers and saw that they were quietly listening to he song as well. They seemed very intreged with the song. As for Damain all he could do was relive all the moments he took advantage of Marinette good nature for his own advantage. He always did it until one day she refused to let it keep happening.

Don't you know that I cried tears of gold for you?
I sit here poor for you
Collect my pennies and my dimes
That's why you love it when I cry
Platinum love for you
I'd give no less for you
Generosity is my enemy
So I'm broke and your heart's rich
Because of me

Damian bowed his head again hiding the tears in his eyes.

And the worst part is I'd do it all over again
No, the worst part is, I know it's never gonna end
I keep coming right back like a maniac

That just reminded him so much of their childhood with their mother. But then another instant came to mind. When he was with the Teen Titans an odd occurrence happened on a mission. They were in Italy tracking down some rogue demons that Ravens dad had let loose. Damian was on the ground his throat about to be ripped out. When somebody gave it a body slam then killed it. Damian never got a chance to look at the person though all he saw was midnight hair.

And the worst part is I'd do it all over again
No, the worst part is, I know it's never gonna end
I keep coming right back like a maniac

I cried tears of gold for you
I sit here poor for you
Collect my pennies and my dimes
That's why you love it when I cry
Platinum love for you
I'd give no less for you
Generosity is my enemy
So I'm broke and your heart's rich
Because of me

Getting up Damian went to his room tears in his eyes and they were falling. But he was able to find a talk show that Marinette alter ego for her music show was appearing on. There he watched her reveal who she was. And from Wayne Manor Damian watched with a guilty heart but understanding as his sister built a beautiful life for herself. Without him there but he was glad. He felt that he caused her a lot of pain. She deserved to be happy even if that meant he had to watch from a distance.