Day 21- Puzzle

This is focused on Talia from mother in law

Talia stood in the shadows studying her daughter in law. She was a ball of positivity and power. She though could be too naive at times but also a force that could be recon with. She had this air around her that calmed people down and showed their soft side. Talia couldn't figure this out and it infuriated her. Marinette was a puzzle that she wanted to solve this puzzle more than anything. Marinette was the only girl that caused Damian to show his softer side. Something no one else have ever been able to do before.

"Marinette we meet at last." Talia said coming into the light. Marinette tensed upon seeing her.

"Talia, I believe my husband family is the reason behind that." Marinette said through a strained smile. Talia though wondered how this girl could still be polite. When it was obvious she didn't like her.

"Well if that's the case why would they do that?" Talia asked as she sat down in front of Marinette. Making sure that Damian wouldn't wake.

"Because they believe that you would harm me in a way. Damian is a firm believer in that. And I can't say he's wrong once I heard from him how you treated him your own son." Marinette said glaring at Talia. Talia simply raised an eyebrow to that. Leaning forward Talia studied Marinette further trying to solve the puzzle before her.

"I can't say that their completely wrong. But I can say that their not completely correct. Yes, Damian childhood was filled with training to take over the league. But, I wouldn't have harmed you in the way think I would. I simply want to assess you skill levels. If they are good enough I will leave you and my son a lone. But if they are not then I will end you." Talia said casually as Marinette eyed her suspiciously. Talia added smarter than appears to the growing list to the puzzle that is Marinette.

"I know that isn't everything. Damian told me you always have an alternative motive. I maybe your daughter in law. But that doesn't protect me from you at all." Marinette said continuing to comb Damian's hair with her fingers. Talia saw how Damian seemed to be in a deep sleep not at all aware of his surroundings. Talia felt her disappointment ruse at that. But it also motivated her to solve this puzzle sitting before her.

"You are a sharp one I will say that. But judging from your stature you don't seem the strong type. And my son needs a strong wife in both mind and physical." Talia said her eyes flickering to Damian sleeping form. Marinette smiles at this. Causing Talia to study her. But not close to having the puzzle solved.

"You may have trained your son and think you know him. But you don't know him at all. It took a long time for me to chip away at his walls. And when I did guess what I found. A boy who longed to be loved for who he was. He hid things from you and from his father. You say I don't understand him. And that I am not suitable for your son. But I think it's the other way around. You are not fit to be his mother and your are not fit to be my mother in law. So if you please Ms. Al Ghul leave me and my family alone. You are not welcomed near us." Marinette said with a firm tone and look. Talia got and smirked at Marinette. Having finally picked just the smallest pebble of mystery of the puzzle away.

"I was wrong about you. You are the perfect match for my son." Talia then left arriving at the top of Wayne Manor. She stood there with a smile.

"Mother." Talia heard Damian growled out behind Talia.

"Damian." Talia said turning with a neutral expression to face Damian.

"Stay away from Marinette." Damian growled out glaring.

"I will once I figure out the puzzle that is your wife. Marinette is like no other I have met before." Talia replied swiftly without any hints of emotion.

"She is like no one else. And for that reason stay away from her." Damian said tense as he stood in front of Talia.

"Fine. I will stay away from her but I will watch her from a distance to solve the puzzle that is her. I promise Damian." Talia said before disappearing into the distance. Damian walked away in frustration.

Talia was in her private chambers pacing. She wanted to solve this puzzle more than anything but also had to keep her promise to Damian. If there was any hope that he would take the league over