Hallow Haunt Day 1

"Goodnight little star." Damian whispered as he kissed his daughter on the forehead. A smile was seeable in the darkness. But his daughter who had bright bluebell eyes with flecks of emerald in them were wide awake. They were focused on Damian.

"But, daddy it's October! You promised to tell me a spooky story every night til November." She said with a slight pout. Damian sighed as he sat on the edge of the bed. Closing his eyes he could almost feel Marinette arms wrap around him from behind. And her voice whispered to him.

"Come Papa Bear you promised Aura. And listening to you tell a spooky story has always brought back fond memories." Marinette would have said causing him to look at Aura. Who looked almost like a carbon copy of Marinette if it wasn't for the hair.

"Alright I'll tell you a spooky story then bed time okay?" Damian replied to which Aura smiled brightly as she nodded in agreement. Seeing this Damian closed his eyes as he felt himself like Aura fall into the story.

"Long ago creatures of folklore roamed the earth. They had walked or more accurately existed alongside humans. They had families and the pit falls of life. But as time went on the folklore creatures became what to believe legends and myths. Because of this they became cut off from humans for the most part. Except for a few. Like Big foot, vampires, yetis and so on. But one that is most common are ghosts." Damian stopped and looked around the darkened room. He smiled at the corner near the door there stood Marinette watching them. Watching with a smile.

"Ghosts?" Aura said with a smile but there seemed to be a slight wable to her voice. Damian smiled at her.

"Yes ghosts. The ghost interact with humans through hauntings and ghosts towns. Some people even claim that they are followed by lives ones who had died. People who run businesses where had taken place claim the victims remain stuck in the building they were murdered in. But this one is the rarest and most powerful ghost of all is the ones born as a ghost. They are rare since to become a ghost you must be dead. You form is animated in the form of which you died in." Damian explained as he rubbed the stone in his pocket remembering when he met Marinette for the first time. He smiled as he looked at their daughter. Who seemed eager to hear where this story was going.

"But then how are ghosts born?" Aura asked as she leaned forward a bit in her blankets. Damian smiled as memories flooded his mind.

"Many think it was sorcery or witchcraft that makes it possible. The answer is no one knows. But when a ghost is born they have two unique abilities. One is that they can become solid for a few days at a time every few weeks and the other they can control other ghosts. Because of this many folklore creatures have tried finding ghosts that were born and tried to kill and eat them. Because they believe that if they eat the born ghost they would get their abilities. But not one of them have achieved this. But one. And he has kept it a secret on what really happens when you eat a born ghost." Damian went on but paused when he thought he felt Marinette hand caressed his cheek. But his eyes flickered to the doorway when the hall lights flickered. He smiled seeing that. But he then returned his focus to Aura who had fallen asleep. He leaned down and kissed her forehead with a smile. Brushing some of her hair to the side. "Good night my little star and sweet dreams." He murmured on her forehead. He stood up and made his way to the roof and sat on the ledge looking up at night sky.

"It's so beautiful out isn't Papa Bear?" Marinette said with a smile as she leaned her head against his arm. Damian looked down at her with a smile.

"It sure is shabah. Do you think I should tell her?" Damian asked as he watched a shooting star. Marinette looked up at Damian with a somber expression. She took his hand.

"Yes, I think it's time we tell Aura. But let's wait for October to be over. When you tell her the last spooky story. By then she will have plenty of knowledge to understand." Marinette answered softly. Damian hummed in agreement.