Day 20 - Best Friends Wedding

Marinette tied Raiden tie for him then stepped back to see him in his suit.

He looked handsome in his suit making Marinette smile

He looked handsome in his suit making Marinette smile. She then went and got ready herself. She looked at the dress that she was going to wear since she was the maid of honor.

 She looked at the dress that she was going to wear since she was the maid of honor

Sighing she quickly got ready. When she left with her son she turned the music off. "My little squire this wedding is my best friend wedding. But not just hers but your father's best friend wedding as well." Marinette said her hands tightening on the steering wheel.

"So dad's going to be there?" Raiden asked unsure on how he felt about that. Marinette nodded with a frown. They soon arrived where the wedding would be taking place. They parked and went inside to be pulled into a hug by Chloe. "Hey auntie bee." Raiden said with a smile.

"Why hello my little godson." Chloe said looking at him with a smile. Her hair up in curlers and her in a robe until it was time to change into her wedding gown. She turned to Marinette with a smile. "Thanks M, I know that this will cause you two to see him. But I just couldn't get married without you being my maid of honor and my godson being the ring bearer." Chloe said holding Marinette hands.

"It's okay C, I'm happy for you. And I want to be here to support you on your big day." Marinette replied with a smile.

"And I want to do the same auntie bee." Raiden chimes in with a smile. Chloe pulled them into a tight hug with a smile.

During the wedding

Marinette walked down the Isle her arm wrapped around the best man arm her other holding a bouquet of yellow honeysuckle, weeping heart flowers and yellow roses. The best man was Damian. He had the luxury of chosing his tuxedo unlike the other groomsmen.

 He had the luxury of chosing his tuxedo unlike the other groomsmen

He was overjoyed to be able to talk to Marinette. Seeing how he blew the planned meeting because of Joker. Marinette on the other hand wasn't sure how to feel since Damian had never explained the reasoning behind him blowing her off. Raiden just avoided the subject and only brought it up when the Wayne's were mentioned by his mother.

Once all the maids and groomsmen had walked down the isle Amanda Kagami and Adrien's little girl walked down dropping red roses petals on the ground. And a few feet behind her was Chloe. Chloe wore a princess cut with a fit and fore bodice. Lace adored all the way from the shoulders to the hem of the dress. The dress started out white then fades to a beautiful sparkling gold color from top to bottom. Her bouquet was made of yellow honeysuckle, weeping heart flowers, purple bellflowers and red roses. Handing her bouquet to Marinette Chloe turned to Jon.

At the reception

Marinette walked along the dancefloor saying hi to all her old friends while also avoiding a few people. It soon came time for the mother and son along with the daddy daughter dance. At first it was Jon with Lois and Chloe with André but slowly people started to join in. Raiden and Marinette were dancing and having a good time.

"May I cut in?" A voice rang behind Raiden drawing the son and mother attention. It was Damian. Raiden looked at his mother who nodded stiffly.

"Raiden how about you go and talk with Amanda before she gets bored." Marinette said causing Raiden to nod before he walked off but not before sending unsure look at Damian. This left the two former lovers looking at each other. Taking the lead Damian started to do the waltz with Marinette.

"Marinette, I'm sorry-" Damian began with sincerity. Marinette sighed while looking at Damian.

"Damian, I know your sorry and you want to mend things. But there have been multiple ways for you to find me before that meeting for the partnership. And that meeting that we planned to discuss things you blew me off and never tried to contact me. Only now as we are at our best friends wedding are you talking to me." Marinette said with hurt in her voice. Damian looks at her with guilt.

"I know and I messed up. I never should have believed that harlot. And I should have let you explain what truly happened. But I was just so made with the events of that day. And so when I saw Agrest kissing you I just couldn't take it." Damian said looking in Marinette eyes.

"I know what happened that day. And that's why I didn't completely stay under the radar. I knew a rising fashion designer in happy harbor. Would get the bats attention while they were looking for me. You all knew my passion for fashion. I also when I had Raiden used my real name. Your brothers came real close on finding me. But they always in some way fell short. I never went out with anyone else because I was waiting for you. And when you blew me off something just broke in me." Marinette said her grip on Damian hand and shoulder tightened.

"And I am an imbecile for not looking harder. Along with not contacting you after I missed that meeting three weeks ago. Joker had broken out and we were battling him. Yet, that is no excuse why I never contacted you. And for that I am so sorry that I will never be able to say or doing anything to prove it enough." Damian said looking into Marinette eyes.

People surrounding them

Everyone who knew the love that was between Damian Wayne and Marinette Dupain Cheng watched in silence. Jon was whispering to Chloe of what was being said. Clark doing the same for Lois. Raiden though was stoic while studying his father. People who knew Damian was Raiden father gave the thirteen year old worried glances. But then right before their eyes they watched Marinette and Damian kiss.

Damian knelt down and looked at Marinette. "Marinette Dupain Cheng if you still love me after two years of dating will you marry me?" Was all Damian asked with a hopeful look. Marinette was frozen in surprise az she stared down at Damian.

"Yes." Was all Marinette said before applaud them. Raiden smiled happy for his mama. But he was also happy to see if his parents would finally rekindle their flame. He turned to his aunt.

"You two planned this didn't you?" Raiden asked Chloe and Jon who nodded. Just then Marinette and Damian walked over with a look that no one could place.

"Sorry, for ruining your wedding bestie and Jon." Marinette said blushing at how Damian stole the spot light from their best friends.