Sacrifice

Robin raced to the Eiffel tower ignoring the pain he felt with every step and how every breath felt like a million needles in his lungs and throat. He needed to hurry before it was too late. The light coming from the Eiffel tower was something he knew was bad. He didn't need the guy feeling that grew by the second. Tripping he fell just a few hundred yards from the base of the Eiffel tower. He looked up desperation was in his eyes even though it was hidden. Getting up he started to run again but he fell back due to a strong shock wave the came from the Eiffel tower. He looked and saw Hawkmoth floating up. "YES! I wish for Emilie Agreste to come back to life!" Hawkmoth yelled for everyone to hear. Robin saw that Marinette got up and ran at Hawkmoth just when another shock wave was released. She stumbled back but when Hawkmoth was weak from the wish temporarily Marinette charged him. Seeing this Robin tried to get over faster.

He saw how Marinette was some how able to get the earrings and ring from Hawkmoth. She then ran off as she put them on Hawkmoth chasing after her. He heard her yell "Tikki! Plagg! Unify!" Causing another shock wave. Robin didn't stop though or fall. He kept running even though his heart felt like it was going to burst and he limbs screamed at him. "I wish for Hawkmoth wish to be undone and for that the kwami's to be release from the jewelry they are bound to!" Marinette yelled her voice echoing.

"No!" Robin shouted as he tried to run faster. But he wasn't fast enough. He watched as light and large vines surrounded her. He saw her float up her hair was floating in the air as well.

Marinette would have been memorizing if it wasn't for the light and vines surrounding her

Marinette would have been memorizing if it wasn't for the light and vines surrounding her.bright flashes of lights happened all around but that didn't stop Robin. Once he had finally reached her he tried to find a way to get to her but then the ground shook and a wind started when the strongest shock wave happened. Once the wind and ground calmed down Robin got up and looked around he saw the light and vines were gone. And Marinette was on the ground unmoving. Hurrying to her he pulled her to him and tried to find a pulse or any sign that she is alive. But nothing. "no..." Robin said weakly as he closed his eyes to hide the tears.

One month later

Damian was in his room listening to the news. "On a sadder note today will be the day Paris honors their fallen hero who paid the ultimate price. The event will be held under the Eiffel tower where their hero fell. And we will be broad casting it live for everyone who is unable to come in person." The news anchor said but Damian turned it off after that. Walking over to his desk he looked at his blank sketch paper with no inspiration. Marinette funeral was five days ago. And he had yet to return to patrol or any of his normal activities. Feeling anger boil in him he shoved everything on to the floor. That's when he sees Marinette hard drive. She had given it to him the night before saying to watch it if anything happened. Grabbing it he grabbed his laptop and sat on his bed. Titus at his feet. Plugging the hard drive in a video popped up with Marinette smiling face. Damian reached out with his fingers and touched it. Then he played it wondering what was on here that Marinette wanted him to see.

"Hey, Dami. If your watching this well then it must have worked. The plan was to capture Hawkmoth and take the butterfly and peacock miraculous back but I knew that wouldn't work. Cause he wasn't the first and he wouldn't be the last as long as the magic jewelry bound the kwami's. So I came up with a secret plan. When I would get the chance I will make a wish to undo his and make the kwami's free. And since this is different from asking for money or something like that I knew there was a chance that the price would be my life. I didn't want to tell you or anyone knowing that you would try and stop me. And so that's why I made this." Marinette said with a sad smile. The stuff around her showed that she was in her room at Wayne Manor. She then reached out her hand and touched the screen. Tears started to form but they wouldn't fall. "To tell you how I feel. I know it's late. But better late than never right?" Marinette said as she got up and made her way to the drawing room. "I hope you like it Dami."

Marinette looked at the camera when she stopped playing. Tears were starting to fall. "I was too scare to tell you how I felt so I hoped this song conveyed it to you well. And one more thing Dami. It's not your fault or your families. I chose my fate now go live your life and be happy. That's all I have ever wanted for you." Marinette said softly her eyes looking far away.

Damian wipes his tears away as he paused it so he could just stare at her. Tears were falling but he didn't care. Closing his laptop he went and put on his best suit and for the first time that month left his room willingly. He went and made his way to the Zeta tubes and went to Paris. He knew that he wouldn't be able to do this with his family or anyone around so he wanted to do it before the event that Paris hads planned. He went to the Eiffel tower only to stop and buy a big bouquet of bluebells. He stopped at the statue in front of him.

Looked up at it for a long time before setting the flowers down at the feet and whispering

Looked up at it for a long time before setting the flowers down at the feet and whispering. "I love you Mari and I promise to fulfill you wishes." Damian then walked away only planning to return once he had fulfilled them. Just then a soft breeze started and a cherry blossom landed at his feet causing him to smile and pick it up. He held on it ever since.

What did you think? I honestly wasn't sure with the ending but it didn't know what else to do

Honah - Lee