Freedom day 10

Marinette POV

I walked off the stage and walked over to Damian. I know I have feelings for him. And not because he helped me through the break up with Adrien. I always had feelings for him. I just never really took the initiative with them. But I don't know if he has feelings for me. And right now I couldn't deal with another heart break.

"That was amazing ˈĀnjəl." He said with his pinky touching mine. I smiled with a slight blush on my cheeks.

"Thanks Dami I got the inspiration from the ex of mine. Who thought it would be okay to cheat on me with that no good lying fox." I looked at him and saw that he was nervous. I poked his chest. He looked at me confused. "What's bothering you Mr. I-float-over-it-all?" He chuckled at my name I gave him.

"Well I was wondering if you would like to go on a date." I smiled and agreed. And for the first time since that horrible relationship with Adrien felt free. We were still friends but didn't work as a couple.

With Adrien

Adrien POV

"Come on everyone Nettie is posting her new music video!" Alya shouted. Everyone quieted down and looked at the huge Tv in my room. This was only possible because my father finally started to let me have more freedom.

The video started to play. But there wasn't any music. It was just Nettie walking her back to the camera. She walking down a hallway alone. The video kept changing from black and white to color.

But then she turned around. She had her black mask on. And the black and purple them made her look mysterious.

 And the black and purple them made her look mysterious

Then the song started. I felt pangs throughout all of it. The song was about her getting over a relationship. And from what I can gather it went bad. The song reminded me of my relationship with Marinette. I had cheated on her with Lila. And right after I regretted it. Lila had planned it with everyone in the class unknowingly.

Then halfway through the song it quiet for a few seconds. She was walking away from the camera. But this time she was in the forest.

Then when she looked back. She started to sing again. When she finished the song the screen faded. But then it turned back on. And Nettie was standing by herself. And began to speak.

"You all know me as Nettie the pop star international sensation

"You all know me as Nettie the pop star international sensation. You all must think I must have the perfect life. And the song is about a teen heart break. But it's not and my life isn't perfect.

I am a senior this year. But I have been getting bullied for three years straight. And it started by one person. That one person turned almost everyone that has known me for years against. And as for my relationship the same person got my boyfriend to cheat on me with them." She closed  eyes and took a few deep breaths. Then open her eyes.

"I am telling you this since I am revealing who I am." Everyone leaned forward with anticipation. No one was breathing as they waited for her. She looked down and pulled her mask off. But her face was covered by shadows and hair.

"I know a group of people who will say I am lying. And say I stole credit from the real Nettie. But I can assure you that I am Nettie. And my real name is Marinette Dupain Cheng and I am Nettie the pop star sensation." She said this looking up.

" She said this looking up

The screen then went dark. And it stayed that way. The room was quiet. I looked around and saw mixed reactions. Some were angry others were confused and Lila was pale and frantic. And just all at once we pulled out our phones.

After ten minutes we found out that everything that Lila told us was false. I clicked Marinette contact and started to call her.

Marinette POV

"So do you think I did the right thing?" I asked Damian. We were sitting in a fancy restaurant in Gotham.

"You did what you thought was right. And that's what matters. And I will always support you." I smiled and grabbed his hand getting the confidence up.

"I-I like you Damian. More than a friend." I said quickly. I looked up at him and saw that he was smiling.

"I like you too Marinette." I smiled at that. The feeling I've had since the song got stronger. But then my phone rang much to our frustration. I checked and saw it was Damian. The freedom I have been feeling and was amplified by mine and Damian confession started to shrink. Adrien was calling me. I sallowed and looked at Damian.

"It's Adrien and the rest of the class is probably there listening." He scowls but nod for me to answer it. I sighed but answered.

"Hello?" I said in a neutral tone. Hoping for all the luck in the world that he didn't mean to call me.

"Marinette I'm so sorry! I never meant to treat you like that or cheat on you." Before I could reply the class started to shout how sorry they were. I glanced around the restaurant and saw that Damian somehow got it so we had the whole restaurant by ourselves. I rolled my eyes at that and cut them off.

"Quiet!" The line instantly went quiet. I sighed while rubbing the back of my neck. "Okay listen to me carefully. I gladly accept your apology but I will not go back how things use to be. I know who my true friends are. But we can still try and become friends again. As for my trust your going to have to earn it. Also Adrien we aren't getting back together." I pulled the phone away as they started to complain.

I hung up after that. I smiled feeling the remaining weight and stress on my shoulders leave. I felt completely at ease. I was finally free no other regrets at the moment. I happily looked to the future without fear of my former friends.