Happy Tears

Y/n: I'm outside. Parked right outside.

Wanda: Coming down, just locking up.

I climb out of the car shutting my door behind me, this was my all time favourite car. I brought it in one of the worst conditions and have spent the past 3 years getting it to this point, it's one of the things I'm most proud of. I make my way to the passenger side, feet planted on the sidewalk as I gently lean against the side of the car, waiting for Wanda to leave the apartment complex: a small smile on my face at the thought of seeing her.

That smile grows as I see her bounce down the steps, a matching smile on her face as she comes down to join me at the car. Wanda leans against my front, pushing me into the car a little, for stability, and wraps her arms around my waist pulling herself closer to me -if that's even possible. I look down at her as she looks up at me, pulling back from me slightly, her hands resting on my chest now as she fiddles with the edge of my overcoat that's hanging over my shoulders. I see her eyes searching mine, then flick down to my lips, I move my hand to poke my lips showing her she can kiss me. So she does. She bounces on her tiptoes trying to match my height as best as she can, giving me a gentle peck on my lips. As she pulls back I pull her face back to mine, my hands on her cheeks, as I peck her lips a few more times causing her to giggle. Ah, that laugh is amazing! I would die happy if that's the last thing I would hear.

"Hi." She says keeping the atmosphere calm. 

"Hi." I match her tone. "Ready to go?"

"Mhmm. Nice car, I like the color." Wanda moves away from me as her hand travels across the bonnet of the car, following the frame of the car all the way to the back as she admires it. "What year is it? I would say around the late 1960s." 

Oh so she knows about cars, or at least this car. 

"Well your guess for this car was better than the guess for my age." She smacks me gently in retaliation. "But, you're right. 1967. Brought her from scrapes, built it up to what it is myself."

"You fixed it up yourself? Is there anything you can't do?"  Wanda playfully smiles, wiggling here eyebrows up and down a few times.

"I did indeed. And no, I'm just that good at everything." I give her a wink, a small blush growing on her face. "Now, where are we off to Miss Maximoff." 

"I don't know how I feel about you calling me, that it makes me feel like your older neighbour or some kind of teacher." I laugh at her reasoning as I open the passenger door holding her hand as she shuffles into her seat. "Thank you." 

"Of course." I make my way back around to the drivers side, clambering in as I set my phone up in the holder opening up waze. "So where am I driving us too?" 

"It's called the New Asgard. Nice little café owned by some chaotic brothers…"

"Thor and Loki. I know of the place, they are family friends actually." She turns to me, a little shock evident on her face.

"And you said and I quote. I don't have friends. Liar." I laugh out loud as she pouts a little. 

"Aww, is that baby upset that I have the same friends as her?" I hear her scoff lightly getting another smack to the shoulder. "Oh the baby likes to hit." 

"Well I don't know. I just thought it would be nice to take you somewhere I love going, it's special to me." I now turn to her, grabbing her hand and giving the back of it a small kiss.

"Well I personally love that idea. So let's get going, it will be nice to see the brothers again. It has been way too long since I have seen them. So, princess, ready to get going."