Люли, люли, люленьки

I grumble and groan, being awoken by my alarm at 4am is not fun but our flight is early so we don't get to the lodge in the early morning of the next day. I feel Wanda groan as she pushes her body off of mine, stuffing her face into her pillow chasing the last few minutes of sleep. 

Keeping my eyes closed, as to not blind myself with the light from my phone, I reach my arm out to the bedside table trying to feel for my phone in the dark room with no luck. Not realising how close I was to the edge of the bed, I stretch out my arm but I end up rolling my body a little and then I'm suddenly hitting the floor. 

I let out a huff of air, thankful that I managed to land on my back and not my face, as the impact from hitting the floor pushes all air out of my lungs. I let out a small pained groan, continuing to lay on the floor as I recover.

"You okay baby?" Wanda's voice is full of rasps and if I wasn't in pain I would probably fawn over it. 

"Yeah, I think." I grumble rubbing my hands over my face, slowly opening my eyes to be met by the darkness of the room. My eyes slowly adjust so I can make out the different silhouettes around the room.

I hear movement of the bed, watching as the covers ruffle as Wanda moves to peek over the edge of the bed. I hear a small giggle leave her lips, before I can even question what she is doing she slowly slides her body off the bed. Her hands land either side of my head supporting her body in slowly moving from the bed to rest on top of me. 

Wanda's legs intertwine with mine, her whole body now resting on mine as she buries her head in the crook of my neck. I feel and hear her inhale deeply and let out a small sigh that tickles as the air moves over my neck. Her arms are gently hugging under my arms resting on the back of my shoulders as I feel her relax more against me.

"Nope, come on cuddle bug. We have to get up." I weave my hand through her hair as she pushes her face against my neck, groaning into it. 

"Do we have to?" Her voice croaks with sleep

"Do you want to go to Canada?"

"Yeah."

"Then we have to get up."

"But it's so early." I let out a small laugh as she leaves a kiss on my neck.

"How about this? You get back in bed, and I will go and wake the boys up and sort everything out. Then all you have to do is get into something that isn't just underwear and a shirt and get into the car." 

"What about the bags?"

"Already in the car. All we have to add to them is the wash bags once we've all done our teeth. So do you want to get back into bed, or help me wake the boys up?"

"Back in bed." She mumbles against my skin and I can already feel her falling back to sleep against me.

"Well you have to get up to be able to get back into bed." 

At this Wanda sits upright on my abdomen, using the back of her hands to wipe at her eyes as another small groan leaves her lips. She really isn't a morning person. I move to sit up and Wanda shuffles back slightly so she is on my thighs and she wraps her arms around my neck as I wrap mine around her waist. 

I don't ask her to move again but I keep my right arm wrapped around Wanda as my other one holds onto the bed, bending my knees I start to push off the ground. Wanda's legs wrap around me as I push her body up more with my right arms as I manage to stand up. I walk around to her side and place her butt on the edge of the bed. Her arms and legs unwrap from me and she flops back laying on the bed sideways a small giggle leaving her lips. I smile down at her, lifting her legs up and gently placing an arm under her neck so I can turn her around.