Please Look At Me

================================

Hey guys I know it has been a while, and I do apologise. I've been kinda busy with life and had to side line this for a while. I can't guarantee regular updates but I will aim for once a month minimum if I can because I really do want to finish this book. However, this is very much something I can't put my full time and concentration in at the minute. 

With that said I do hope you enjoy this chapter, it is a short one but it took me a while to even write this one. 

So look after yourselves, drink water, stay safe. And enjoy.

================================

One of the best feelings in the world is waking up in bed with the one you want by your side forever to be sleeping next you. The feeling of their warmth gently enveloping you while both of you stay in your own bubble under the covers. The way in which their body melds to yours, perfectly made to fit against one another in the easiest of ways. The way in which you can feel at their most relaxed, no woes, no worries, no weight of the world on their shoulders.

It may only be temporary but it is the escape everyone looks for. And to be able to have the trust of a person to allow them to sleep next to you when they are at their most relaxed, their most vulnerable, the most free ... well it's a great privilege to be allowed to do so.

And it is where I am right now. My eyes are still closed trying to bask in the last of my relaxed state, as I continue to allow Wanda to continue sleeping and enjoying the peace that surrounds her.

I'm laying on my back, Wanda's torso practically on top of mine as one of her legs lays over mine; her foot tucked under my knee, while her other leg lays next to my left one. Her left arm is laying across my torso, her hand coming to rest on my right collarbone, her right arm is curled slightly under my body, her hand resting on my shoulder blade. Her hair is splayed all over the front of my torso as her head rests just below my boob, her soft breath tickling my skin with every breath she takes.

I love this moment, being able to bask in the skin on skin contact as we both went topless last night: both of us finding it more comfortable to sleep. It's felt like forever since we have been able to share a quiet morning like this. Just the two of us in a moment, even if I am the only one awake to enjoy it, in our own bubble no one can interrupt or ruin.

I finally let my eyes flutter open, titling my head to look at Wanda in her most peaceful state. I tighten my arms that are already loosely wrapped around her body, smiling to myself as she grumbles in her sleep, her arms moving to wrap the best they can around my body more. She lets out a sigh of a breath as her body practically sinks into mine as she relaxes once again.

I look over at the clock on the bedside table that reads 9.17am, letting out a long breath as I look back to Wanda and I feel my smile grow at the sight of her. I just can't help it. She is so beautiful and it's like an automatic reaction whenever I see her. I wish I could stay in this moment forever but I know that there are going to be people waiting downstairs on us soon if they aren't already.

I let my fingers start to wonder over her back, my finger tips ever so gently skimming the surface of her skin. I watch as I see goosebumps appear, following the path my fingers take, as I go up to the top of her spine and slowly all the way back down. I move my left hand to the very base of her back, laying my hand flat and simply drawing small circles with my pointer finger. My other hand I slowly move back up her spine, my finger meticulously following the bumps and path of the bone until I reach her neck.

My movements still as Wanda moves in her sleep. Her leg that is wrapped around mine tightening its hold on me as her arm that is laying over my torso tightens also, her body moves on top of mine a little more, her head coming to rest on my shoulder, her face buried in my neck. I hold my breath and stay still as she seems to settle back down, her soft breath tickling my neck, her lips slap together a few times, not waking from her sleep as she once again relaxes.