I Hate This

(Wanda PoV)

"Fuck!" I shout into the brisk air, tears running down my cheeks, as I watch Y/n's car get further and further away.

She never even looked back.

Not even once.

I watch as her car turns off at the end of the road, leaving my view once and for all and I am left standing in the middle of a dimly lit road as the dark sky above rumbles. I look up momentarily trying to blink away the fresh tears, as I wipe old ones, and the first sign of rain becomes apparent when I feel water hit my cheeks.

I bite my lip as I feel it quiver, and I look back down the road in hopes that Y/n would suddenly change her mind, turn around and come back to me. But as I stand in the rain, my dress starting to stick to my skin, the memories of the day unable to be washed away, I realise that this time she might not want to come back.

Maybe ever.

I shiver as a small breeze kisses my skin and I finally feel how cold I actually am standing out here, and as I feel the last bit of hope Y/n will come back drain from my body I look back towards the house. I see Morgan standing at the door, and I feel the weight of everything start to become too heavy and my heart constricts.

I take a deep breath, giving one last glance to the end of the road, before turning to walk back towards the house. I feel the tears building once more when I realise Morgan is silently crying, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt. She is sniffling as the tears run down her cheeks, snot dripping from her nose as her bottom lip wobbles, her sore red eyes looking up at me as I reach the front door.

"Where did sissy go?" Her voice cracks and I feel my heartbreak as I look down at her.

"Your - uh - sissy. She, uhm." I clear my throat, bending down to Morgan's height and brushing her hair out of her face. "She just had to go somewhere, she said that she loves you and that she will be back as soon as she can to see you."

"Was it because of what I said inside? Did I make her mad." Fresh tears run down her cheeks and I am quick to wipe them away with my thumb. "Did she leave because of me?"

"No little one, not at all. You didn't do anything wrong, so please don't think you did."

"But everyone started shouting after what I said. Did I make people upset?" I shake my head taking her hands in mine, noting how they are starting to get cold and that we definitely need to get back inside soon.

"No little one. You did nothing wrong. You didn't cause anything. Sometimes adults get upset and mad at each other and that is what happened today. Your sister just needs a minute to herself to think about some stuff, but she won't stay away for too long."

"Is she going to be okay?"

"I do hope so." I look behind me briefly, my heart sinking when it finally sinks in that she won't be coming back tonight. "Now can I get you back inside, I wouldn't want you catching a cold. That wouldn't be good would it?"

"No. Are you going to go back into the room with the grown-ups? They are all shouting at each other and it is scary." I gently lift her up and put her on my hip, and her head comes to rest on my shoulder.

"Is that why you are out here?" Morgan nods.

"Yeah I don't like it when everyone is shouting."

"Okay well why don't we get you cleaned up and then you can head downstairs with the other children and you can pick a movie for everyone to watch. How does that sound?"

"Sounds okay to me, but I am a big girl and I can get myself cleaned up. I will just use toilet paper and flush it." I kick the door closed behind me as I walk inside raising a brow slightly.