Tickle Monster

It's now Monday, gah I'm so in love with the woman on my lock screen….yes Wanda is my lock screen call me whipped or a simp because that is exactly what I am. The rest of the weekend was really calm, I managed to make my special pancakes which everyone enjoyed while we watched an early morning movie. Yelena and Sharon managed to join us just before I had to get Nathaniel home and ate the spare pancakes I saved for them. I have now been labelled the breakfast chef, so whenever we hang out I have to be the one who makes breakfast. I don't mind, I love to cook.

Sunday Wanda invited me over to hers, to hang out with her and the boys. It made my heart melt when she phoned me to ask, she was so nervous which confused me because I practically spent most of my nights and mornings there before the boys returned from their dad's. I mean she was so nervous Billy ended up stealing her phone from her to ask me instead.

"Do you want to come around to watch TV, play games and help my mama cook dinner?"

It was wholesome and I swear I could hear Wanda blushing from my end of the call. Of course I said yes, and went Via the ice cream parlor and shops to grab some things for everyone including Wanda's favourite Pumpkin ice cream. We had such an awesome day full of us snuggled under blankets laughing and enjoying the movies we watched. Me and Wanda were cuddled up together on one couch, me sat against the corner, my legs laying straight towards the other end while Wanda sat in my lap, her legs intertwined with mine as her back pressed against my front. And Of course I gave her head scratches while she played with my rings on the other hand. 

I kept looking from the TV to the boys every now and again, as they sat on opposite ends of their couch. I caught them looking at me and Wanda a few times, every time they would smile at the sight of Wanda in my arms. It was in moments like those that I knew I would protect those boys, I even gave them my phone number in case they needed anything. 

Anyway, back to the present. I am currently leaving my workplace to head to stark industries, or as we like to call the building the tower. Stark called me in, something about him wanting me to meet a few people who could work a joint operation for his company and mine. So here I am, coffee in hand as I head up in the elevator to Tony's floor. 

Ding. The elevator doors slide open and I am met with the view of the blonde woman at the desk. A smile grows on her face as she sees me and I scoff at the sight of her still sitting behind the assistant's desk after all these years.

"I see papa T still has you as his assistant even when you own half of the company." I laugh as Pepper stands up to bring me into a hug. "How are you Mama P?"

"I am doing well Y/n. How are you doing? How's the thing with the woman you are seeing going?" She sits on the edge of her desk and I park my butt next to her as we both look at the mural on the wall in front of us.

"Honestly I am doing fucking amazing. I feel amazing, I am happy. Also me and her, we may have said 'I love you' to each other." I feel a small blush grow on my face as Pepper's jaw drops.

"No way?"

"Yuh huh. It happened this weekend."

"When you were with Nathaniel and her boys?" 

"Yup. She just hugged me and said the words. Honestly I forgot how to breathe when the words left her lips, it's like the earth stopped spinning on its axis. It was so scary hearing those words but at the same time it was so perfect. They weren't forced or dragged out. It was just the two of us and she just sort of said it in the moment." 

"That's how it should be. You shouldn't have to have these big grand gestures to show your love for one another. I mean sure treat her to an expensive meal out or a surprise holiday once in a while, but don't pin all your love on those things. It's the small things that really woo a lady."