Love Language

Slowly, my eyes flutter open my hand searching for the extra body in bed but I can't find one. I lift my head to look around the bed and I can't see Wanda, she must have let me sleep in. I turn to grab my phone from the bedside table pressing the home button to bring up the time. 10 o'clock, that's a wonderful lay in, I smile to myself when I hear the faint noise of Wanda humming to herself as she makes her way back towards the bedroom. The door creaks open, Wanda using her foot to open the door a smile growing on her face when she sees me shuffling to wake up and wiping the sleep from my eyes.

"What's this princess?' I ask as she places a tray with a plate of pancakes onto the bedside table while I situate myself to sit up against the headboard. 

"This, dorogoy, is breakfast in bed. You were sound asleep when I woke up so decided to surprise you and also let you get some more sleep." I make grabby hands and she holds out her hands, letting me guide her to sit on her calves, her legs either side of mine.

"Well it is a lovely surprise, thank you princess and thank you for letting me sleep in. I can't remember the last time I slept past 8." Wanda leans forward to peck me on the cheek and I pout slightly.

"You have morning breath, so after pancakes and clean teeth you can get a proper kisses." She leans to her left to grab the tray, placing it on my lap and handing me the cutlery.

Wanda climbs off of my legs and plonks herself next to me against the headboard. I take a deep breath taking in the fresh scent of strawberries, I love that she smells of strawberries. I cut up my pancakes into bite size pieces, placing the knife on the tray and using my free hand to hold onto Wanda's while my other feeds me pancakes. She moves our joined hands into her lap and starts playing with my fingers as we eat in silence. 

"I want you to meet some of my friends." Wanda says out of nowhere, but also calming to make sure I don't freak out.

"Okay, when would you like me to meet them? And which 'them' are they?" I take another bite of pancake as Wanda continues fiddling with my fingers.

"Just Nat, Lena and Sharon." She shrugs nonchalantly. "They are planning to come for a girls night tonight, just to drink, movies and as you said the first time I met you dramaaaa." 

"What's the date today?" 

"18th, why?" She grabs the fork from my hand, stealing a bit of pancake before passing the fork back so I can continue eating.

"Just making sure I don't have anything planned today." I say as I look at my mental calendar. "No, nothing planned. I'm free to meet your friends. Do they know how we met?" 

"They do, they know we have been seeing each other this past week. It's crazy to think we only met last week."

"Friday 10th to be exact." 

"Mhmm, they want to meet you."

"And I want to meet them. I am fully prepared for the 'you hurt her we kill you' talk." Me and Wanda both laugh.

"Well I think I told you that Lena and Nat are sisters, but they are both Russian so can be intense sometimes. Nat you can't really tell as she hides her accent like me, but Lena doesn't hide her Russian heritage. Sharon is more down to earth, still protective, but very relaxed." 

"Well I will give myself a prep talk in the bathroom before they get here." 

"That might be your best chance to survive honestly." I take the last bite of the pancake, placing the tray down on the bedside table next to me wrapping my left arm around Wanda's shoulders letting my hand hang against her left arm as I pull her close.