Selachimorpha

"Where are the boys anyway?" I turn to Wanda once I've helped her out of the car and closed the door.

"With Hope." Wanda slowly snakes her arm around the back of my waist, obviously afraid of my reaction so when I wrap my arm around her shoulder to pull her close I feel her body relax. 

"Ho- oh- you met Hope?"

"Mhmm, I did. She is giving the boys a behind the scenes tour of the sharks. Or so she said she would." 

"I always find it funny that Hope ended up working in the aquarium." I lock the car, and me and Wanda start to walk back to the entrance as we continue to chat.

"Why?"

"Well because she majored in Entomology. Officially she is Dr Hope Pym. But of course being a Pym she couldn't have just one major so she also majored in marine biology."

Wanda hums as she moves her head to rest against the side of my chest. Her hands seem to be gripping a little tightly to my coat, not that I'm going to question it. I have a feeling she is going to be affectionate or at least more cuddly and touchy for a while. I don't mind as long as she feels safe enough to talk to me. 

I mean maybe it's partially my fault she didn't open up as well, not just her past. I mean I am meant to make her feel safe enough to talk to me, not about everything all at once but little by little. When I realised how much I was opening up, which was a surprise to even myself I knew it was because I felt safe and protected. So I could open up. 

It just makes me think maybe Wanda doesn't feel those things. So if holding on to me, cuddling just something as simple as pecking her lips so she knows I'm there will slowly draw her out of her shell so I can start breaking down her walls then I can wait. But then again, even with all that being safe isn't just about the small affections it's more about what the other person feels when with one another. 

"Do you feel safe with me?" Wanda removes her head from my side to look at me with scrunched brows. 

"Of course I do, baby. You make me feel protected and loved." Her eyes search mine and I think she sees my hesitation about her answer because she lets out a small sigh as we continue walking slowly to the entrance. 

"It's not that I don't feel safe enough to talk to you baby, because I do and I'm so thankful that you care so much. It's just my problems were never the biggest in the room, so I learnt to push it down...hide it away from others and myself. I don't even know how my emotions boiled over today, I have a lot going on up here." She taps her head as she presses her lips together, looking at the surrounding area as we show our re-entry bands and get in without a fuss.

"There's a few things that I need to talk about, it's nothing about you and not about me and you. It's all on me, and I know I'm not very good at the talking, and the being open. It's all new to me. The fact you had to drag it out of me this morning proves that point. I went from 0 to 100 in seconds and in no way is it your fault. I need you to know it's not your fault. So tonight, once the boys are asleep we can talk. Properly. I am still learning things about myself, more and more since being with you and I'm still learning to be okay with all this change." 

"Then we can learn and grow together." I stop us just outside of the ocean wonders building so we are not talking about this when we find the boys. "I don't need you to tell me every little thing as soon as it happens, I don't ever want to make you feel like I am forcing you to do something you don't want to do. Apart from today where I felt that I desperately needed something just as much as you needed to release something. I just want you to tell me when you're stressed or something is playing on your mind, nagging you from the deep dark and scary. Because I don't want to be on the other end of it when it all boils over."