Banff

"Right everybody strapped in ready to go."  I turn to look at the boys to make sure they have their seatbelts on, both of them giving me a thumbs up. 

"Wait, you forgot something." I turn to look at Wanda who's giving me the most innocent look.

"What did I forget?" Scrunching my brows as I go over the list in my mind.

Children. Yes, we have both of them.

Bag. Yes, it's in the back.

Myself. Yep I'm here. 

Phone, wallet, keys. Yep, yep, yep.

I turn back to Wanda who is pressing her lips together to stop herself from smiling. I look at the boys with a questioning look, who look just as confused and shrug not knowing either. I feel a tap on my shoulder, and when I look at her she has her lips puckered and tapping them with her fingers rolling my eyes I lean over giving her a quick peck on the lips. I pull away hearing the boys groan about PDA, and Wanda grabs my jaw with her hand. 

"That's what you forgot, and in my opinion it's very homophobic not kissing your girlfriend." All four of us break into laughter as I lean forward giving her lips another quick peck before putting my arm on the back of her seat so I can reverse out of the driveway.

"Why do you do that Y/n?" My eyes glance to Tommy before they continue to look out the rearview window.

"Do what?" 

"Put your arm on the back of the chair, and look out the window."

"Because that's how my dad taught me to drive. Apparently it is easier for a quick getaway if you reverse this way." I shrug as I turn back around putting the car in drive and joining the main road.

"Why is he like a spy or something?" Billy leans forward in his seat with excited eyes.

"Ha! He wishes Billy. He just likes driving as if he is one. He just tried to give me everything he wanted for his own children." 

"Is your dad, like a step-dad then?" I quickly glance in the rearview mirror in confusion at Tommy's question, then keep my eye on the road.

"Uh, no. He is my dad." 

"But you said his own children. Are you not his child?"

"Tommy." She turns her head to look at him wanting him to stop

"It's okay Wanda." I take a quick glance at Tommy, whose eyes are flicking between me and his mom. "I'm adopted, Tommy, so even though I call Clint and Laura mom and dad, because they are, I'm not related to them by blood. When I say mom and dad gave me everything he wanted his children to have. What I was trying to say is he raised me as one of his own and made sure he didn't treat me any different then he would when his children were growing up." 

"So Clint is your dad because you chose him to be and he chose you to be his daughter?" Billy joins in the conversation.

"Exactly. Most of my family are family by choice and not by blood. The only blood family I keep in contact with and have any relationship with is my sister Carol."

"Are you and Carol close?" Tommy's curiosity makes me smile.

"We are very close. Her daughter, my niece, is my goddaughter."

"So you're a godmother like Natasha and Yelena are with us?" 

"Nat and Lena are your godparents?" I let out an impressed hmph. 

"Yeah me and Vision also made them guardians, so that the boys would definitely go into their guardianship if anything were to ever happen." 

"Oh well it's the same with me. I'm a godparent and now legally a guardian to Monica should anything happen to her moms."