Not Taking Advantage

"Okay so are we taking your car or my car?" I ask Wanda as I dangle the two different key sets in my hand, as her eyes look between them.

"Yours obviously." She says in a 'duh' voice like it was the most obvious answer in the world. 

"Do you want to take it for a spin?" Wanda's eyes light up and a huge smile makes its way onto her face as her eyes almost close, squealing in excitement.

"Really? You would let me drive your project car?" Instead of answering I pocket her keys and chuck mine towards her which she easily catches. 

She looks down at the keys bouncing on her toes as she practically runs to the driver's side. She stands by the door, hand on the handle looking very unsure as she looks up to me looking for confirmation that I mean what I say. Yes the mustang is my baby, but I love seeing her happy and if driving this car makes her super happy then I am okay with her driving it.

"Go ahead. Get in and start her up." 

Wanda doesn't need any more than that to open the door, slowly getting herself in the car and closing the door as I get myself comfortable in the passenger seat. It feels weird being this side of the car, but Wanda's smile is insane as her hands trace the steering wheel. She inserts the key, looking at me as she switches the ignition on and as the car comes to life her body buzzes with excitement. She puts her seatbelt on, gripping the steering wheel with one hand as she puts the car in gear biting her bottom lip as she slowly pulls the car out of the parking garage to the junction.

"Can I rev it a little?" Wanda's eyes are full of pure joy.

"Go ahead."

Wanda pulls out onto the road, pushing the car to a higher rev count and the car makes the most beautiful noise. Pop, pop. Bang. Wanda's eyes go wide with excitement at the sound.

"Holy shit that was so cool! But is it meant to do that?" She worries a little as she concretes on the road ahead.

"Yeah I added some different mods to it specifically to make it pop. And it is very cool." 

Wanda takes a quick glance at me then back at the road as her smile grows, she presses a few dials to get some music playing and taps her fingers in time to the beat. I rest my elbow on the door, my head resting on my open palm as I watch Wanda drive with pure happiness buzzing through her body. Wanda seems to know where she is going, taking us in the direction of what I notice to be fifth avenue, so she wants richy rich clothes. Alright cool. 

The car journey is filled with me singing every song that comes onto the radio, especially when it's Adele with her new releases. Wanda keeps looking over at me, a small smile on her face the whole time with her hand resting on my thigh as her thumb draws small circles when she is not changing gear. When a song I'm not too fond of starts playing I don't sing, but I grab Wanda's hand from my thigh bringing it to my lips kissing each of her knuckles multiple times. I move it to cup my cheek, turning my head slightly so my lips rest against her palm her thumb rubs circles against my jaw. My eyes flutter close at the feeling, a smile growing on my face as I relax against her hand. 

I groan a little in protest when Wanda's hand moves away from my face when I feel the car slowing down, as the car turns to the right. I open my eyes to see that Wanda is parking the car up, a few blocks away from fifth avenue. Once the car is parked safely, Wanda turns it off and shuffles in her seat to face me more, bringing her hand up to cup my face once more.

"I love your voice." I hum against her hand.

"Is that why you were smiling so much?"

"That and you looked extremely relaxed and happy, which makes me happy."