10 Out Of 10 Dive

(Wanda PoV)

I freeze on the spot. Holy shit I didn't mean for those words to come out of my mouth, but they did and it's too late now, there is no turning back. Y/n hasn't said anything but I did feel her grip me tighter, so I know she definitely heard. What if she doesn't feel the same? What if this was all a huge mistake? Me and my big mouth I couldn't just keep those words buried deep down inside could I? No. It felt good to say them…

She still isn't saying anything…

Why isn't she saying anything?

I've scared her off... 

But she is still holding me…

Say something. Please fucking say something.

"You love me?" Okay so she said something. 

I pull away from the embrace slightly so I can look up into those captivating eyes that tell 1000 different stories all at once. Her hands come to gently rest on the sides of my arm, while I move my palms flat to her chest as I rub up and down it with miniscule movements: afraid I've already scared her off with my words I don't want to scare her off with my movements. She moves her hands so they move up and under the t-shirt sleeves so there is the skin on skin contact that I always melt into and cherish. Her thumbs rubbing gently at the skin just below my shoulders. I press my lips together, gathering my thoughts on what to tell her, but I can't tell her anything different because she already heard the words. So I am going to explain why I love her. I hope she feels the same or is getting to a point where she does because of course she does not have to say the words if she is not ready. I just, subconsciously, needed her to know where I was at. Stupid subconscious for making this amazing morning into this, stupid 3 word talk.

"I do. I love you Y/n. I really do love you so much." I let out a small sigh as the words leave my lips but continue on. "I love everything about you. I love the way you take care of me in and out of the bedroom, I love how you always ask me about how I am feeling or what I want to do. I love how you ask for my opinion on matters that I thought wouldn't need my opinion, but when you ask for it my heart skips so many beats. You just care so much about me and my wellbeing it's infatuating this feeling that only you can make me feel. The feeling of being safe, of being cared for, of being someone's priority, being something to someone. You have helped me escape the cage of never feeling good enough for anyone in just the few short weeks we have known each other. You always tell me how much you adore me, how much you love seeing me smile and hearing me laugh, you make me feel enough for someone. For my kids. For myself. I dived right in head first. 10 out of 10 dive, and you have caught me like you promised you would. I am wholeheartedly in love with Y/n and I want to share that love, the passion I feel towards you with the world. I just want to shout it from the fucking roof tops. I love, I am in love with you, Y/n Barton. I want everyone to hear it. I want everyone to know it. So to answer your question. Yes I do. I love you Y/n."

I have no idea how I just did that, without becoming a nervous wreck. But I did it and I can feel my nose scrunch from the smile on my face as I go over and over in my head what I am feeling. It's just indescribable. It's love.

She hasn't said anything…

My smile drops when I realise she still hasn't said anything. I bow my head, my sock covered feet becoming the most interesting thing in the room. Why hasn't she said anything?

"Wanda." Her voice is level, calm and soothing but I don't look up. "Wanda please look at me."

I feel her place her finger under my chin, lifting my head up to meet hers. What I don't expect to see are the tears in her eyes as they become glassy, a few having already escaped. I scrunch my brows as I use the pad of my thumb to clear her face of tears that have already escaped.