Pietro

================================

Heeeeeeeyyyyyyy. Hiiiiiiiiii. Long time no see .... my bad. 

Its been a while people, I know I know. But I should be back. I hope I'm back. I miss writing and having huge writers block and no motivation sucks ass. But my therapist says i gotta find things that relax me and so here we are, getting back into writing - something I love - I want to finish this book and then I am going to start working on my Natasha book or a completely different book for Natasha as I don't know how I feel about the current story of the current few chapters of that book I have up.

Anyyyywaaayy, enough chit chat. I welcome all of you back to my story and I hope you enjoy this first little chapter back. 

================================

I can't stop staring. I am sure it's only been a few seconds around us but I can hear the blood rushing in my ears, feel my heart pounding in my chest, taste metal in my mouth as my teeth grind at my bottom lip, wanting to lean in to smell her amazing strawberry scent that I have missed so much. But I also see the way her eyes are bloodshot, filled with unshed tears, the tremble of her bottom lip as her hands slowly go to reach out for mine. I see her press her lips together, her eyes closing to stop tears from falling when her hand finds home in mine and I don't pull away. I see a small smile tug at the corner of her lips as I give her hand a gentle squeeze to let her know this is real.

We may have things that we need to work out. Big things. And we need to have some big scary conversations but I still love her and I would never pull my hand away from hers when it can bring us so much comfort.

"You're really here." Wanda's free hand lands on my cheek as if she still doesn't believe it and her eyes search mine.

"I'm here." I place my hand on top of hers on my cheek. "I'm here prin..."

"Y/N!" The two of us are broken out of our ... moment ... by the sound of two very excited boys who pull the door open fully, pushing past Wanda and bulldozing into me.

I stumble backwards, luckily Nat and Yelena appear from their hiding spots and put their hands on my back to stop the three of us falling over. Given the chance now that I am not stumbling I wrap my arms around the boys, gently squeezing them as they both ramble and what I can only call supersonic speed only catching phrases here and there, figuring out they are talking about the week they have done this past week and a bit.

"How did your work trip go?" Tommy steps back from the embrace, which allows Billy to only further his embrace, being able to wrap both his arms around me as I wrap my arms around him.

"It was ok. Work, is work you know? Most people don't want to go away for work, when it pulls you away from your friends and family."

"Yeah mom said you had like a big meeting or something in possibly working with another company and they requested you in person instead of over video call." I look at Wanda in confirmation at what Billy says and she gives me a small nod as she folds her arms over her chest and lifts one of her hands to her mouth so she can bite her fingernails.

"Yeah, sometimes being the CEO of a company is no fun because the big important meetings that determine the future of the business require you there in person. Normally it only lasts a day or two but this guy just went on and on and on and on about how much he could bring to my business if we joined forces." Tommy giggles as I roll my eyes using my hand to mimic someone talking.

"So did you guys come to an agreement?" I raise my brow at the boy's interest in my work.

"Uh no. But hey, why are we talking about my work when I haven't seen you guys in over a week. I gotta catch up with you."