Questions and Opinions

"Sit anywhere you like." I gesture around the room to Carol as I move to sit on the couch.

"You know for the whole time you've had this place I don't think I have fully explored it. I mean I don't think I have ever been in your office." Carol glances around as she walks to my desk pushing some of the paperwork to one side and hoists herself to sit in the middle of it with her feet on my chair.

"Really, There is literally an armchair and an ottoman right there and you sit on my desk?" I shake my head with a giggle.

"You said sit anywhere, so I am sitting here." Carol shrugs and I decide not to fight with her on it.

"So how are we doing this? You wanna ask me a question and we go from there or you're gonna just sit in silence until I can't handle it and burst into long paragraphs of speech."

"As much as I want to make you uncomfortable by sitting here, on your desk, in silence watching you squirm on that couch because of how you just disappeared on me, I feel like we could be sitting here for a very long time. Now I am a patient person but I am not that patient so I guess we will have to go with the first option."

"That was a very long winded way of just saying I'll ask questions." Carol chuckles as she picks up one of my many notebooks and one of my nice expensive pens, takes the cap off and scribbles something down.

"You're taking notes?" I raise my brow as Carol finishes her quick scribble.

"Well I don't know how much information you're gonna throw at me and as much as I wish I had this awesome memory that would just let me remember it all and allow me to help you. I don't. So I am taking notes in case we talk for hours and then at least I don't have to ask dumb questions and basically make you say it all again."

"Okay well I guess you can ask away." I move to lay down on the couch putting a cushion behind my head then rest my hands on my stomach.

"First question, why do you look like you're in a therapy session on a TV show?" I turn my head to look at Carol who has now put my blue light glasses on, resting them on the end of her nose as her eyes look at me over the rims.

"Because I'm tired and want to lay down."

"Fair." She scribbles something in the notebook before looking back at me.

"So why did you have to leave without telling anyone?"

"Wow jumping right into it I see." I roll my shoulders back as I try to allow myself to get more comfortable.

"Of course. So what happened?"

"You really want to know?" Carol gives me a look over her glasses. "Fine, fine."

"Just take your time." I nod slowly at Carol's words and look up to the ceiling.

"There was so much that happened at thanksgiving. Wanda's dad was a little intense but I expected him to be, but her mom was very defensive and pushed him back into place. Wanda accidentally revealed that she knew I couldn't have children but only because Tony told her not me. Also turns out Wanda hit Yelena and Kate and Natasha didn't tell me. They all just kept it from me because I guess they were scared of how I would react which is fair but time and time again when I think I am getting to a good place all these secrets spill and push me back to a place I don't want to be. I mean how could Tony go behind my back and tell Wanda something so private? How could Wanda not tell me that Tony had told her! Wanda knows how I feel about people being violent to those around me, and I mean Yelena was being a huge bitch but it doesn't mean she has the right to hit her. So then I decided in the moment to just leave and get out of there. I just needed some time to think and be by myself."