Superhero Trio

I have been awake for a few minutes, just taking in the sight of the children and Wanda on the bed. I have been wondering why and how the children joined us and when because I certainly don't remember waking up in the night to them climbing on me...wait no I remember a vague dream of Billy entering with Tommy and Nathaniel in his arms telling me he had a nightmare or something. It was so vague I thought it was a dream, but it's obviously not. I must have been so tired that I went straight back to sleep after the boys joined us in the bed. I also know for a fact Wanda didn't wake up as I made sure the boys were quiet and gentle when getting on the bed. This is going to surprise her for sure, hopefully it's a good surprise. 

There is not much else I can do to be fair, I'm trapped underneath both Wanda and Nathaniel, my left arm trapped under Wanda and Tommy. Nathaniel has Wanda and Billy holding him, so if I move anything someone else will end up moving causing someone else to move. All in all if I move I create a domino effect of moving people, well shit. My left arm is, well I think it's still attached to my body but I definitely can't feel it that's for sure. My right arm, I believe is under Nathaniel but I can't be certain as I have another dead limb. Good thing I can feel my legs, or at least I think they are my legs. They could be Wanda's at this point as mine and hers are definitely intertwined and crossing over one another with arms here, there and everywhere from all the other bodies. It's like one of those poorly designed interstate junctions and I can't figure out whose limbs are who's, but apart from that and some slight confusion I'm enjoying the view and the feeling: from what I can actually feel right now.

My body freezes when I hear a low groan come from the woman on my chest nuzzling her face against my chest. I see her go to move her arms but she freezes her movements. She slowly lifts her head with furrowed brows as she looks to her right (my left) and sees Tommy cuddling up to her and basically me as he holds our hands using them as a pillow. Her head then moves to look to the other side of her where she sees Billy holding Nathaniel close to him, her and his hands holding onto one another. She follows her arm as she leans up a bit to check if Nathaniel is still asleep then moves her head to look up at me, who has been watching her this whole time. Not that she realised I was awake.

She raises her eyebrows at me in a silent question, I simply shrug a smile tugging at the corner of my lips as I take in the view one last time. This view will never get old. She seems to wake up a bit more, fully taking in what is actually happening and a huge smile appears on her face. She tries not to move too much so as to not disturb the tranquility of the morning, but it doesn't stop her from whispering out a small 'wow'. Her fuzzy look appears on her face as she looks back up at me and I know for sure that I have the same look on my face. 

"When did this happen?" She whispers, trying not to wake the boys.

"Last night, I think." She scrunches her eyebrows in confusion. "I have a very faint memory of Nathaniel being held in Billy's arms standing next to Tommy mentioning something about him having a nightmare but I'm really not sure it's all fuzzy and feels more like a dream." 

"What one of my boys had a nightmare?" 

"No Nathaniel." I feel her hum against my chest as she takes another look around at the bodies on the bed.

"Does he get them often?" 

"Not as regularly as he used to, but as the evidence proves yeah he has nightmares from time to time. But sleeping with someone he is familiar with works in easing him back to sleep afterwards."

"Probably why they are in here now."

"Probably." I look up to the ceiling as I bite my lip in thought. "Your boys are so good with him, I didn't think they would want to hang out with a 4 year old all day and night but they did. You have raised them so well Wanda, they are going to be absolute gentlemen when they are older."