When Pigs Fly

Wanda PoV

I can't help the smile that pulls at my lips as I look down at her, her head resting in my lap, eyes closed, an ever so soft rhythmic snore so quiet I can't complain and it's more cute than anything.

Her body curled up as comfortably so she can fit her body on the couch. One of her arms wraps around my back, squished between me and the back of the couch, her other arm draped over my knees while I sit criss-cross applesauce on the couch resting myself in the corner.

I fiddle with the ends of her hair between my fingers, loving the feeling of how soft it is and how it flows over my fingers so nicely. My other hand under the top of her shirt continues to scratch the top of her spine, that I started while she was awake and I would feel bad if she was to wake up because I stopped. I think it is what managed to lull her to sleep, in between her hangover and her overall tiredness.

My finger runs over some uneven skin, and I follow it down as far as I can before following it back up only stopping when she twitches slightly at the contact. She twists her body around, her lips smacking together as she is now facing me, her forehead resting against my hip, and her other arm wraps around me. I'm now trapped in her arms. Not that I mind.

I press my lips together at the feeling of her being so close to me again, trying to keep my emotions at bay for a little while longer and just bask in this moment. My finger goes back to tracing around the top of her back, every now and again my finger runs over the rough skin. I bite my lip when I think about why the skin is so rough, looking down at her with a sad smile as I think about everything she has been through in such a short amount of time.

I think back to everything she has told me about and the people she has introduced me to, in our little time of knowing each other. A small smile gracing my face as I think back to all the good memories that the two of us have shared these past few months, and the memories of her and the boys getting on like a house on fire.

The smile disappears when I think about how I took advantage of the happiness she was creating, the love she was bringing and her kind-heartedness. I start to think back to all the times I have hurt her, made her cry, made her walk away. And she always comes back, she always tells me it's okay, that she is okay. She always seems to have answers to why and how things went wrong and in turn why she can forgive me. Every damn time.

I don't want to be that person that always has to be forgiven. I don't want to be that person that has to continuously apologise for their actions, their words or anything like that.

I want to be the person that can make someone feel so loved, safe, cared for in their own life that forgiveness isn't a thing that needs to be given regularly, or apologise to leave my lips every time I do something wrong.

Yet here I am destroying everything good that she brings into my life.

She makes me so happy.

So why does it seem like I am trying to destroy something so good for me? Even if I don't actively know I am doing it until it's done. I don't mean to do it, I really don't but it's like I have no control over it sometimes and I say or do things without any control over those things and they are the actions that end up hurting her the most.

Therapy has been helping but I really don't want to fall back into the same pattern now that she is back, I can't.

I won't.

I feel the arms around me tighten slightly, as a groan leaves her lips before her face buries itself in my stomach. Her legs stretch out as she turns to lay on her back, her hands moving to rub at her face while her eyes very slowly blink open. She smacks her lips together before closing her eyes again as she takes in a deep breath.