Moose

We were now waiting at baggage collection, Wanda pulled into my side as my right arm rests over her shoulder. The boy's eyes follow every bag that goes past, double checking to see if they are ours or not as they bounce on their feet excitedly. Luckily, they seem a lot more awake than they were this morning which makes sense since they slept on the plane. 

I rest my head on top of Wanda's feeling her relax against me more, closing my eyes for a moment as I breathe in her scent. When they open up I smile against her hair when I see the boys both grabbing each of our bags off the conveyor belt, turning around with proud smiles on their faces when they show us. 

"Okay so we have the bags. What now?" Tommy asks as he passes me my suitcase.

"Now we head out, we can grab a drink and some food from one of the shops here. Then you have to look out for a white hat volunteer."

"A white hat volunteer?" Billy passes Wanda's bag to her.

"Yeah, so they wear white hats and red vests. They are people who welcome you to Calgary and have bits of information and everything. I just need to know where to find our rental car." 

"Okay so we have the bags, we need to find where we are going and get coffee. Also go to the toilet now because we have a nearly 3 hour drive ahead of us." Wanda lists off as we all start walking out of baggage claim. 

Wanda holds her hand in mine swaying them between us as we follow the boys closely behind, as they follow the signs above to the exit. As the boys lead us towards the exit me and Wanda look out for a coffee shop in desperate need of a caffeine boost. When we finally find one we decide to sit down and to drink it so the boys can disappear to the toilet without getting lost.

"So what's the plan once we leave the airport?" Wanda blows on the top of her coffee before taking a sip.

"Well I thought since we have had a long day of travelling we can just have a relaxed night by the fire watching movies or playing a board game. Then tomorrow we can come back and explore Calgary and some surrounding areas maybe. Or make that a day or two thing. Then it's going to be snowing so we will be sort of stuck in the cabin for a while as the roads can be quite dangerous but it doesn't mean we can't go outside. There are a few look out sights around the area we can look at the mountains from. But we can ask one of the white hats for a guide."

"Okay. So we are definitely exploring, I mean you can't not explore. Where we go is up to you, since you've been here a few times so you know the good spots. The boys have only dealt with New York snow so it should be an adventure for them." She takes another sip of coffee as I watch the boys join the queue to get themselves a drink. "What about wild animals? How likely are we to run into them?"

"We will see them on the drive up to the cabin, but I own the land and paid to have it fenced. It's not fenced off that much that it causes issues with the wildlife, but it is enough so we can explore the surrounding forest a little. Although we should still be careful because the fence doesn't always stop the animals. But we have security cameras that are motion sensors and infrared so we can check for anything before we go out."

"Okay." Wanda takes in the information as the boys join us at the table.

"You mentioned there was a lake?" Tommy takes a sip of his hot chocolate.

"Yeah, it might freeze over during the week but if you want to we can do some fishing while it isn't. We can cook fresh fish too if that's something you want to do?"

"I've never been fishing before, so yes please!" Tommy shuffles excitedly in his seat as I smile warmly at him.

"What about you Billy?" He simply shakes his head.