Watch Me

(Wanda PoV)

"I love you baby."

"I love you too Princess."

With our small goodbyes I turn around following Karen into the house, as she closes the door behind us. I've only ever been in this house once or twice before and one of the times being the boy's most recent birthdays. I follow Karen as she leads me into their kitchen, and it reminds me of Y/n's penthouse with how big and open it is. From what I remember it's a 4 story building, with a large garden and one terrace on the 3rd floor. Vision and Karen have also put a lot of money towards renovating it and making it theirs, my eyes travel around the large kitchen and I wish I had a kitchen this size to cook in. I mean it takes up most of the floor. 

"Would you like a drink Wanda?" Karen's voice brings me back from my wishful thinking as she glides around her kitchen filling up the kettle. 

"Green tea?" 

"No problem." Karen places the kettle down on its stand and flicks it on as she turns to look at me. "Okay so how do you want to go about this? What do you want to talk to Vision about?"

"A lot probably, but the main thing is how he speaks to and about people. I try so hard to bring the boys up to be people who don't judge anyone, and I know we all judge people quietly sometimes it's just who we are as humans, but I don't want them spreading those thoughts out loud. I mean what Vision said at dinner was completely inappropriate and I don't want the boys to turn to his way of thinking." I huff out a slightly angered breath. "I just try so hard with the boys, being a single mother is not easy, and then when their dad doesn't want to co-parent properly and communicate with me it's hard."

"I understand maybe I should try harder to communicate with you too." Karen voices her thoughts as the kettle finishes boiling and she pours the water into a mug, passing it over to me once it's full.

"It's not your responsibility to be the responsible one. I know you love those boys like your own, and you took them under your wing and I couldn't be more grateful towards you. But Vision is their father and he just isn't present." I take a sip of my green tea, a small hum leaving my lips at the taste. "I know I have full custody of the boys and they go to his every other weekend or so, but he doesn't even try to talk with them during the week. He picks them up, spends a few days with them, drops them off. Then there is no communication until he is picking them up on his designated days."

"Okay, well I still feel like I need to try harder to communicate with you. I want to try this whole co-parent thing, I know we have been at this agreement with the boys coming to ours every other weekend but maybe if me and you communicate more. Instead of you and Vision, we can actually make this work. Make it something the boys look forward to, because I know that they don't always want to come here because of what Vision is like. It breaks my heart a little, because you're right I love those boys like my own."

"They love you, you know?"

"No I didn't, but thank you for telling me." Karen looks down at her drink, then back up to me with sad eyes. "I really am sorry for the way things ended between you and Vision, me being the reason. And then me also staying in the picture."

"You need to stop apologising for that Karen." She goes to say something but I motion for her to stay quiet so I can continue. "I don't blame you. Sure at first I was angry, who wouldn't be, but I don't blame you. You didn't do it on purpose, god you didn't even know about me and the children, and when you found out about his secret family you came straight to me. I know I said some things to you that day, but I truly didn't mean anything that I said. I was vexed and Vision wasn't there for the brunt of my wrath and you were so I took it out on you, which I wholeheartedly regret. Then even after I completely lost my temper at you, you still came to me and asked me if it was okay to meet the boys. You informed me that you and Vision were going to give it a go, then mentioned how he wanted to bring the boys to see you. You asked me permission, after Vision said you didn't need it because he was their dad and it shouldn't matter what I think. So please don't apologise for something you didn't do, anything that happened back then was all Vision and I never should have blamed you."