What Scares You?

Warnings: Mentions of abuse

K: Hello. Y/n are you okay? It's 3am.

Even though I can hear she has just woken up I can also hear the worry and can imagine her sitting up in bed turning on the lamp as she keeps the phone to her ear. In fact I can hear her shuffling about doing just that.

Me: Kate.

My voice trembles as I lean my back against the bathroom door and slowly slide down to the cold tiled floor.

K: Y/n what's going on? Are you hurt? Where are you?

Me: I need you Kate.

K: Okay, where are you?

I can hear her shuffling about again and I can only assume she is getting herself dressed and preparing to come to me.

Me: Please Kate.

My voice quivers and I bite my lip, closing my eyes to stop myself from crying.

Kate: I am coming to you Y/n but first I need you to tell me where you are, so I can help.

Me: I'm in the bathroom.

I chuckle as I can hear Kate huff out a laugh on the other end.

Kate: Idiot. Now tell me where you are so I can meet you.

Me: At the house.

Kate: Okay, I will be there as soon as possible but I am still in Canada so it is going to be a few hours.

Me: Okay

I let out a relieved sigh knowing she will be here by the end of the day.

Kate: Y/n.

Me: Hmm?

Kate: What happened?

Me: I saw Steph.

Kate: Okay, well why don't you call Dr Raynor when the office opens and see if she is available for a session. It's been a while since you called me crying on the bathroom floor, the last time was when you broke up with Steph and you were hiding from her.

Me: I already messaged her, before calling you, and she replied quickly saying to come in first thing.

Kate: Wait, your therapist is awake at this hour?

Me: Apparently so.

Kate: Okay. Do you need me to stay on the phone?

"Baby, are you okay?" A gentle knock on the door, neighboured with the soft sokovian accent distracts me from Kate for a second.

"Mhmm, just on the phone with Kate." I hear shuffling behind me and feel some movement against the door.

"Okay well I'm sitting out here when you're ready to come out."

Kate: Y/n you still there?

Me: Mhmm I'm here, I woke Wanda up.

Kate: Well I will be there by the end of the day, I'm packing as we speak. Now go back to your wifey, get some sleep and go to therapy.

Me: Yes mom, will do mom, love you mom."

Kate: Okay rude.

Kate giggles and I let out a low chuckle.

Me: Goodnight Kate

Kate: Goodnight ... mom

Me: I hate you