Missed Morning Message

(Wanda PoV)

Saturday 6th November

Me and the boys are currently singing and dancing around the kitchen to some music as I make us some french toast with bacon. I've got the pan in my hand swaying my hips as I make sure the toast doesn't stick to the pan. The boys are singing as they get all the plates, cutlery and drinks sorted.

"Hey mom." I look over my shoulder to see Billy tuning the music down as he moves to sit on the island counter.

"Yes my sweet Prince." He rolls his eyes at the name but the smile on his lips tells me it doesn't really bother him.

"When is Y/n coming over? I thought she was going to be over last night." I turn the gas off plating up the french toast as I turn to answer Billy.

"She was meant to, but she has had a busy week at work so she got home and went straight to sleep. She should be around at some point today. I just need to message her to see when exactly that will be."

"Okay, cool. I was just wondering because I wanted to see if she wanted to do some more baking. I like baking with Y/n." I smile widely at Billy as I bring all the food to the table ushering him over with a nod of my head to come sit down.

"Thanks mom." Tommy says sweetly as he grabs himself some toast and bacon as Billy sits next to him.

"Once we've eaten I will message her and see when she is coming over." Both the boys smile tucking into their food as I take a quick glance at my phone, noticing the lack of messages from Y/n. I bite my lip seeing the last message she sent was last night, and it being 10am now. She always sends me a good morning text by now.

"You okay mom?" My attention is pulled away from my phone and to Tommy who is looking at me with furrowed brows.

"Never better." I try my best to smile and concentrate on eating my food not wanting to worry the boys with my own worry.

"These are delicious, mom. Can we have this again?" I nod with a hum, giving both the boys a tight lipped smile as a small amount of panic sets in.

I don't really know why I'm starting to panic, I mean it's just a good morning text. She had a busy week. She could still be asleep, or she's in the shower and will message me soon. Or, or she is at the gym because she goes early on a Saturday to avoid the busy periods. Or she hasn't charged her phone and is on her way over right now. It's just a good morning text, it's not that significant.....

....she always sends a good morning text.

"Mom." My eyes shoot up to see Billy bending down next to me, his left hand on my left knee while his right hand is on my arm.

"Ye-yeah." I clear my throat taking in a sharp breath when I feel a few tears in my eyes not wanting Billy to see me like this over something that is probably nothing. "Where's Tommy?" I look around the table not seeing him but Billy's hand squeezes my arm and my attention lands back on him.

"Tommy's in the kitchen doing the dishes. I was going to go help him but I caught your leg bouncing and your eyes were bouncing around a lot. I thought your panic attacks were gone. You haven't had one in a very long time."

"It wasn't so much a panic attack, more of just a little - uh - worry. Go help your brother." Billy gives me a look and I let out a small sigh, this boy sees right through me and my acts. "I'm okay. Just a little worried about Y/n, but she's a grown woman and she doesn't need me pestering her every second of every day."

"And you are her girlfriend, you are allowed to be worried about her." I chuckle wiping at my eyes as a few lone tears roll down my cheek.

"You are too wise for your own good sometimes Mr." I bump the bottom of his chin with my finger as we both giggle a little.