Conditioned

(Wanda PoV)

"You don't get it." I tell her as my  hands clamp down in my hair, as I let out another exacerbated breath. I think I see her wince slightly at my tone but I don't register it, my whole consciousness is being taken over by the damage of my subconscious. 

Why am I saying these words? Why am I being like this? 

I don't know. I don't know. 

"What don't I get?" My eyes flick back up to her and I feel, anger bubble. How does she not get it? 

I feel my mind go blank, and I can feel an emotional breakdown coming on. Maybe that just fuels my next words because I would never say them if I was in the right frame of mind. I have never even thought about it before, I just go into a blind rage. Every single emotion I've been feeling for the past week just boils over and she is there. 

She's my verbal punching bag.

"What it is like to be a mother, and worry every second of every day about what your boys are going to grow up to be like. You don't understand what it's like to see them go out with their friends and wonder if they are going to make it back I've or not. You don't get it when they phone me and my first thought is 'what's happened?' And you proved that when you just let them run off, not bothering to tell their own mother that you knew where they were. You don't get it Y/n. You don't...."

I feel the color drain from my face, and I am completely lost for words to try and make any of this better, there is not making this better. I try to get control of my reeling mind while I follow her out of the building trying to call after her but she is ignoring me. When she finally stops and turns around all my feelings go out the window when I see  how much hurt is on her face. I caused that, and I don't know if I can make it better.

"I will be in the car." She says as she turns to walk away from me again.

Oh shit! Oh shit! Fucking shit! Double fucking fuck! What in the actual fuck was that fuckery right there Wanda? 

I don't know!

Well sort it out! 

How?!

Talk to her!! 

Right, right. I will. I just have to talk to the boys.

I feel my inner voice roll its eyes, and I mentally face palm at the same time. 

I wipe my eyes, taking a few shaky breaths as I walk back into the ocean wonders building where I now know the boys are watching the sharks get fed. I make my way into the crowd trying my best to keep my emotions at bay, when I politely ask people to excuse me trying to get through. Good thing I can say I'm trying to get to my boys. 

As I make my way through the crowd, I spot them on the very front row and have to dodge a few more people to get out of the growing crowd. I do that embarrassing crouch movement as I walk in front of the whole front row to get to the twins. When the boys spot me, they smile up at me and look around the room. Shit they are looking for Y/n. Their smiles falter when they see my tear stained face, I was hoping the dark room would hide it more but I should know by now nothing gets past them.

"What's wrong mom?" Billy leans forward to whisper between us, I appreciate him trying to keep this as private as possible.

"I, uhm. I upset Y/n really badly and I need to go and sort it out. Are you boys okay here while I do. Message me when it's over and stay in here until I come to get you. Okay?" I cup each of their faces, stroking their cheeks with my thumbs.

I move my thumbs to rub over their eyebrows when both the boys scrunch them together tilting their heads. I see Tommy go to say something, but closes his mouth again, deciding against it. I give him a small nod that means he can ask what he wants.