I've Got You

⚠️Smallest mention of abuse⚠️

Numb. 

Numb is what I'm feeling, or really not feeling I guess. It's currently Sunday, maybe 1pm in the afternoon and I haven't left my bed since I got in it on Friday. Apart from going to use the toilet and to grab unhealthy snacking food when my stomach makes a noise to remind me that I need food to live. My phone is somewhere under the covers with me, I think it's under my right boob but I don't have the energy to move anything to find out. I think it died yesterday afternoon so no one has been able to contact me and I've not been able to see if anyone has tried. 

I did message Wanda saying I would be over Saturday morning because I knew I was going to crash in bed on Friday due to a busy week at work. However, like I said, I haven't managed to properly get back out of bed. I'm in the same clothes that I changed into on Friday which is a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, something comfortable that engulfs me completely.

I'm curled up tightly in a ball, hugging one of the many pillows the bed has while I face away from the door and bedside table, not wanting to see her face and the bit of metal I used to wear. The duvet and blanket are all scrunched up around me, caccooning me in as my arms are wrapped around the pillow and my knees pulled up towards my chest. My eyes staring aimlessly at the blank wall in front of me as my mind goes quiet for a moment, floating within the dark abyss that it has slowly been pulled back into. 

It's peaceful, but nerve wracking, as my eyes focus on a small imperfection on the wall. It is only small, a tiny dent where I have obviously hit a bit of furniture into it when rearranging my room at 2am when I have the sudden urge to do so. My mind starts questioning how such an imperfection is that easy to miss when right now I can’t unsee it and now that I know it’s there I'm going to have to sort it out otherwise I might not ever be able to take my eyes off it. My mind suddenly fires up when I remember the real reason the dent is there and my eyes squeeze shut to stop looking at it as memories of that day flood my mind. Steph’s voice echoes around my brain, bouncing inside my head with no way of allowing it to escape so it just keeps bouncing.

“Waste of Space.”

“Stupid Bitch.”

“You’re a fucking dissapointment no wonder your mom’s in the looney bin.”

But the words don’t hurt me like they used to, they just annoy me that they play on repeat. What hurts me is as I open my eyes again a memory flashes right in front of me. The picture frame in her hand as her mouth moves the look of betrayal and anger paints a nasty picture on her face. Her arms wave about in the air as she lets her frustration out. I can’t remember what she was sayin so all I see is her figure towering over me as I cower in bed, the exact same position I am in now. I flinch when she throws the picture frame against the wall, the corner leaving the dent before the image dissipates before me, leaving me a little less numb and a whole lot more emotional.

I let out a dry chuckle as I move my hand, the fact that steph and her behaviour the reason I am able to move it just a little, bringing it up to wipe at my tears as a half sob half laugh leaves my lips. Nothing is funny in the slightest but I lose all self control as I break out into full on laughter, the whole situation is so unbelievable that is unintentionally funny to my mind that is processing every emotion in a matter of seconds. I roll onto my back, looking up to the ceiling as another laughing fit takes over me, both my hands wiping at the tears that won’t stop falling. 

I turn my head to the right as I calm down from my laughing fit, my eyes flicking to see the picture on my bedside table and my laughter quickly turns into a sob; my hand quickly covers my mouth. I can’t move my eyes away from the picture, my vision soon blurring from all the tears that are building up and I can no longer make out the fine details within the photo. I roll my body over so it is now facing the same way I am looking, reaching out a shaky hand as I grab onto the ring that sits against the small wooden frame.