Let's Go Out Out

"I don't know what I want anymore."

"You don't know what you want anymore?"

My own words have been bouncing around my head, a small headache growing behind my eyes as the words seem to be slowly getting louder the more they resonate with me. The more I start to think about what I meant in that moment the louder the words seem to get, but I can't stop thinking about what I said because I said it without even having to think about it.

The words came so naturally that I scared myself when Nat repeated them back, in question, what I had just said. I didn't even know that it was a way I was feeling, or maybe I was blinding myself to what was right in front of me and now someone has finally shone a light on it; I don't like what I am seeing.

"Y/n." Nat's voice brings me out of my thoughts and my eyes meet her concerned ones.

"I'm okay." I sigh, rubbing my hands over my face. "Okay, I'm not that okay but I am okay enough."

"Do you want to talk more about it?" I smile at Nat's concern but shake my head.

"No, no more bleurgh feelings stuff. It is your birthday we have to celebrate." Nat's smiles widely. "Oh wait I got you something!"

"You didn't have to get me anything!" Nat shouts after me as I dart off to grab her present.

"Don't be silly, of course I got you something!" I shout back down, not sure if she can actually hear me as I dig through my draws for her present.

"Fine, fine what did you get me?!"

"Not telling, you gotta open it!" I bound back down the stairs running into the living room and sliding on my socks on the wooden floor, and jumping back down onto the couch laughing.

"Someone has a sudden burst of energy." I breathe heavily laughing, nodding my head quickly.

"I got excited. Here! Here! Here!" I shove the wrapped present into Nat's hands and she chuckles, shaking her head at me as she fumbles with the present I am still shoving into her hands.

"Hmmm, I wonder if it is breakable." She says before lifting it up and giving it a shake and the sound of something moving about makes her stop. "Possibly."

"Who knows. Just open it and find out." I wiggle in my seat as Natasha looks up at me with a humoured expression.

"You seem more excited than I do." I giggle like a child and nod my head.

"That's because I am. Now open it or I will open it for you!"

"You wouldn't dare!" She raises a challenging brow and again I nod my head so quickly I am sure I could snap my neck.

"Yes I would." I reach out to hold the gift in my hands but make no move to take it from her. "So open it or I will."

"Fine, fine. Take your hands off my box" Nat gently taps the top of my hand and I retract them from the box shaking them to the side pouting.

"Owwie." I cross my arms over my chest pouting, knowing I am acting like a complete child but really not caring.

"Well get your hands off my shit!"

"Not your shit until you open it." I grumble

"Okay I get it. Look, I am opening it now."

I watch with my lip trapped between my teeth, moving my legs so I am sitting criss-cross applesauce on the couch both of them bouncing slightly in anticipation. My hands grip onto my ankles and I start swaying back and forth a little, my eyes watching as Natasha ever so slowly starts to open one side of the box and I groan when I realise she is being mean.