Can't Catch A Break

"We brought cupcakes!" I shout through the cabin as I stamp my feet on the floor to clear the snow off my boots, turning around to see Wanda closing the door behind us. 

"Are you sure you didn't make babies?" I hear Kate shout back and I hear Wanda choke on air behind me.

"Why would they be? Ew! No, no no no! My brain has been scarred!" I hear one of the boys shout and me and Wanda look at one another both as pale as the other.

"Kate!" I shout back, shaking my head to try and get the color back in my face.

"Sorry!"

"Say that to me, not to them! Oh the images you have planted!" I see Tommy walking out of the back room, with a sheepish looking Kate, as he rubs at his temples. 

"Sorry everyone?" Kate squeaks as I hand the cupcakes off to Wanda quickly taking my boots off and sprint towards her.

"Ah, no! I said I'm sorry!" Kate hides behind Tommy who grumbles about being used as a human shield, but I stop my chase not wanting to hurt him while I beat Kate up. 

"Tommy, it's okay. Let's just go pour bleach in our eyes." Billy joins them dragging his brother towards Wanda. 

"Please don't hurt me." Kate squeaks out and I stomp my foot on the floor making her run towards the boys and Wanda.

"Stop right there missy." Wanda's head tilts and Kate stops in her tracks.

"I'm sorry, okay. I forgot the boys were here for a second." Her head whips back and forth between me and Wanda.

"Fine, okay. Just please watch what you say around them next time, please." Wanda sighs in defeat, rubbing the bridge of her nose. 

"Sorry Wanda. Do you want me to take the cupcakes?" Kate asks softly, trying not to make the Sokovian mad, as I slowly make my way to her side. 

"Sure. Boys why don't you go get a cupcake for yourself before dinner." Kate grabs the cupcakes without another word and the boys both nod, following Kate into the kitchen.

"It's okay princess. No need to stress, just breathe." I rub my hands up and down the outside of her arms, as she releases a sharp breath.

"I know, I know. I just didn't want them to know." I smile down at her as she rests her forehead against my chest.

"They are teenagers princess, they aren't stupid. I mean I walked in on Laura and clint making lila. I think you would much prefer to have the boys be suspicious instead of walking in." 

"I don't want them thinking about it at all." She mumbles against my shirt, and I smile as I weave my hands through her hair.

"They are teenagers Wanda, they learn about it in school as well."

"But they are my innocent little babies. They don't need to know anything about anyone, especially us. Actually they don't need to know anything till they get themselves a partner." I laugh as Wanda continues to grumble about the matter.

"Well when the time comes you can give them the talk." Wanda tilts her head up so her chin is now resting on my shoulder as she shakes her head.

"No, we can give them the talk. I'm not doing this by myself."

"I was never given the talk or been given the talk. I don't know what to do." Wanda's brows scrunch. 

"Laura and Clint never gave you the talk?" 

"No, Laura didn't think it was necessary when she walked in on me and Sarah. Guess it's Karma for walking in on her and Clint." Wanda laughs a little in surprise.