Panic Attack

Panic attack in this chapter⚠️

Ding. The elevator doors opened to the penthouse, as I breathed out a happy sigh a smile still plastered on my face. Taking my shoes off I didn't notice the figure in the living room moving towards me.

"Someone looks happy." The voice made me jump out of my skin.

"Holy Shit! Don't fucking do that. I nearly had a heart attack." I held one hand to my heart while the other smacked the man in front of me chest. 

"Wouldn't be the first time." 

"Har har Tony. Very funny." I glare at him playfully, so he puts his hands up in surrender. 

"No hug for me? No hey papa T?" He wiggles his eyebrows as he speaks.

"No, because you scared me, you don't deserve the niceties." I gently bump his shoulder as I walk past so he knows I'm not actually mad.

"Well you have my deepest apologies. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm here with good news and on business." He follows me into the kitchen as I start up the coffee machine, turning to face him. I gesture to him silently asking if he wants one, he nods his head excitedly. Of course he wants coffee. 

"Business first Papa T. You know me." He sends me one of those Tony Stark business smiles, that seem to win anyone over.

"So talking business, the new and improved Da Vinci medical Robot. You know the one, your team helped to upgrade last quarter. Well everyone seems to love it better than the original, and the original creators can't be more thankful. They want to keep working with you, something about. The future of medicine." He waves his hand to emphasise his point. "So what do you think? Do you want to work alongside them?"

"Let's set up a meeting, see what ideas they have floating about and then we can decide."

"Perfect, I will get Pepper on it." I nod as I hand him his freshly brewed coffee. "And now the good news."

"That's all the business for today?" Normally there's lots more...oh well I'm not complaining. 

"Yeah, you have caught up with everything, so at the moment we are at an all time high and could probably bring in a few new people and that."

"Cool."

"Anyway the good news."

"Yes the good news." 

"They found him." I choke on my coffee not expecting that to be the good news.

"They found him?" It comes out as a very small whisper, tears already brimming my eyes. "After two years?" 

"Yeah, they finally got him." He grabs my hand that's on the counter giving it a gentle squeeze as I lose myself to inner turmoil again, but feeling Tony's hand on mine brings me back and I clear my throat.

"And the evidence? Is it enough? Is he going down for what he did? Have they really got him?" I have so many questions and I can't decide which ones to ask.

"They really got him Y/n. There's plenty of evidence. He is going down." He emphasises the last sentence. "He is going to be held in jail till the trial and even then the lawyers truly believe he will get a life sentence." 

A life sentence holy shit! I mean I've waited 2 years for this news. Now that I have it I don't know what to do with it. I should be happy. Like over the fucking moon happy. Open a bottle of champagne and get so fucking drunk I don't remember the night before. Yes, that happy! But I don't think I am. I'm mean shit. 2 fucking years, and I feel...numb. Well numb, and everything! How the fuck is that possible. How can I feel so many emotions at once, but feel so fucking numb about this whole thing?! It makes no fucking sense. NO FUCKING SENSE!