Jealousy

"Is there anything I need to know before we head in? You know, the dos and don'ts." I glance at Wanda as I drive us to the Tower where Tony is holding this party or gala. Whatever he wants to call it. I smile at her softly, turning back to the road, she decided that she was going to join me in going to this with no make-up on after what happened in the walk-in closet. I have my hand gently resting on her thigh, which I give a reassuring squeeze.

"Just that some of these rich white men love to hear themselves speak, especially Obadiah Stane. He loves the sound of his own voice so much and has been after Tony's and my tech for a few years. So don't be surprised if he comes over to speak to us, and I will try and get us away as soon as possible. The man just can't get it through his head that he will never be able to buy from us. Other than that, the bar is free, there will be a dance floor but also plenty of couches to just chill out. Also plenty of balconies if you need fresh air, but if needed I have a spare office in the Tower if we need to get out of there."

"Sounds good to me baby. Are we going around introducing ourselves or are we sticking to the edge?" I see Wanda fiddling with her fingers in the corner of my eye.

"Whatever you are comfortable with. We have to go and say hi to Papa T and Mama P, I also think he has invited his friend Bruce. Apart from that we can just grab some drinks, dance, chill on the couches. Oh Rhodey is going to be there too, so that's three introductions and then whatever you want the rest of the night." I pull the car over in front of the main entrance to the Tower, taking the keys as I get out, heading to Wanda's side to help her out. 

Her hand holds onto mine tightly, our fingers lacing around each other as I close her door and start walking towards the valet handing the keys over to the smartly dressed man. He hands me a ticket with the number 8 on it, okay so we are one of the first ones here. That should help Wanda to adjust to the scene of the party. Her hand removes itself from mine as she wraps her arms around mine, our elbows locking together as I escort her inside the tall building and to the elevator. Once the doors close and the elevator starts moving I hear Wanda let out a shaky breath.

"You didn't have to come if you didn't want to Wanda. I know this is a big thing for you." She turns to look at me, shaking her head lightly.

"I want to be here, I've just never been to this sort of party."

"Well you say the word and we get out of here. Just tell me whether you get uncomfortable with anything."

"I will baby." 

"Okay. Well we will grab a drink and then go say hi to Papa T. I'm sure Bruce and Rhodey will be with him, so that gets introductions out of the way and then we are good for the rest of the party." Wanda leans up to kiss my cheek.

"Sounds perfect baby. But I'm not going to drink much. I want to be sober for this thing."

"Or do you want to be sober for what comes after princess?" I see Wanda's cheeks flush red and smirk. 

"Shut up."

"You know I live to tease you baby." I continue to smirk as I hear Wanda grumble about the fact. "I just love seeing you blush." 

"You're mean sometimes." She nudges my shoulder in jest.

"Eh, you love me for it." 

"Unfortunately, I do. I love you so much."

"I love you too baby." I lean down to give her a chaste kiss on the lips as the door opens to the party room. 

I was right, we are some of the first people to arrive, and I see Wanda physically calm down at the sight of the mostly empty room. I pull her over to the bar, where a young woman is serving up whiskey to Rhodey. He smiles at me as me and Wanda slide into the bar stools next to him: Wanda sat between us. I flag down the barmaid who saunters over towards us, dragging her fingers along the bar top.