I - Twenty One

Harry's Point of View

I don't actually believe in love at first sight, actually I don't believe in love. The flings or girlfriends that I had were just for show.. But from what I'm staring right now, this girl who sacrificed too much for having this condition, makes me wanna change my belief. I carefully lined her nose with my index finger and I smiled when she moved for a little. Victoria's one of a kind, I mean, I am not in love yet but I find her attractive, enough.

The door opened and Zayn sneaked behind me. "Dude.." He started to held my left shoulder, "What is the real deal between you and Victoria?" I faced Zayn and his face is full of curiousness. He looks worried and at the same time, bothered.

"Nothing. We're best friends." I lied. She's my personal assistant but we're just pretending to be best friends. I brushed my hair using my palm and faced Victoria again - worried that she was distracted by our conversation but she's still sleeping like an angel.

"Are you sure?" Zayn said and I nodded. "Then what about this?" I faced him with shocked expression but quickly recovered when Zayn gave me a blue folder. I opened it and attached was our damn contract.

"Where did you get this? This is a complete bull-"

But I was cut off when Perrie stormed inside the room, "Harry. How dare you?!"

"What?" I said. I lowered my tone so Victoria won't wake up. "How dare what?"

"I've read your contract. Seriously Harry? You're making her your personal assistant? For what? What did she ever do to you?!" Perrie angrily said, "Look at her, she suffered because of your games. She almost died! You son of a -" Her voice is booming inside the room. Zayn held Perrie, trying to calm her down.

"You don't know the real deal between us so you don't have the right to say those things to me." I argued. I gritted my teeth. I am not fond of arguing with girls.

"Then what Harry? Enlighten us!"

"It's because I hacked Harry's accounts. I was the one who dragged myself into this. I made this and I deserve to suffer." Victoria suddenly spoke behind me and I turned to her, in my surprise, Victoria's awake. "Don't say mean things to Harry. We all know that he's a jerk but I did this. He's considerate to just make me his personal assistant rather than putting me to jail." Victoria pushed herself to sit and I helped her out. "And I was desperate enough not to be dragged in jail so I agreed to that. Harry's done nothing to me, this is all my fault."

Perrie sat on the other side of the bed and held Victoria's hand. Perrie is really soft-hearted when it comes to the boys' special someone - I mean she's not special to me but, some kind of special. "I understand now, but even though you've did that hacking thing, you don't deserve to be beaten by some girls." Perrie's face is still painted with worry, "They'll run some tests on you, MRI or anything, so that we'll know that you are completely fine."

"I also called your mom. She's been calling you like crazy.." Zayn said and he handed her her phone.

"What is the name of this hospital?" Victoria asked.

"Harley Street Clinic." I answered.

"Shit." Victoria cussed, "I'm screwed!"

"What? Why?!" Zayn asked.

"My mom's working here!" She said and we're all shocked, "I'm definitely screwed! Please Zayn and Perrie, don't ever mention this to anyone, most specifically to the management, my mom or anyone. This is a big secret, this will put me and Harry in jeopardy and -"

"No one will know, Victoria." Perrie answered, her face is softened by the expression and she smiled, "We won't let anyone know about this, your secret is safe with us." Perrie and Zayn are the people that should be trusted, they both know the secret about the other members and even though there's complication, they will never spill it out.

"You can trust them, Vic." I assured her and she smiled for a little, "There you go."

"Thank you Perrie, Zayn." She said.

Victoria's Point of View

"How did you guys found me? I mean I'm just taking the bus and-"

"I'm having the worst headache ever" Zayn started, "So Perrie decided to bring me to the hospital. The nurse guided us to the emergency room and we found you lying down at the bed, unconscious. Since the doctors are asking her name, Perrie walked to the doctor and answered some question, except of course, the allergies."

"I just told them to do the skin test for the allergies. I also asked them how did you got in here."

"And the doctor said that someone brought you in here and eventually left. The guy just some money for the bills." Zayn said, "But I told the doctor to not accept the money so I ended up paying your medications."

Harry was a bit confused and I don't know why.

"Zayn, I'll pay you when I'm discharged in here, I promise."

"Victoria, that's no big deal. That's just money, what matters is you're safe now. We need to thank that someone who brought you here." Zayn reasoned. Harry stood by the window and he sighed - that the three of us heard him. Maybe he's bothered or ashamed,

"Harry, are you okay?" I asked and he faced me, "What's wrong?"

"I'm mad at myself. I should've not let you walk home by yourself." Harry said. Zayn and Perrie were both surprised. "I'm a selfish bastard."

"Harry! It's really rude for a guy to let a girl walk by herself." Perrie said.

"No, I'm the one who decided to just go home by myself. Don't blame him." I said. Harry had enough, no one should blame no one. What's done was done already.

The door opened and revealed the least person that I wanted to see me in my condition right now. My mom.

"Victoria! Honey!" Mom rushed towards me and hugged me, "What happened to you? Who did this to you?!"

"Mom, I'm okay. I just tripped from the staircase and I think my head bumped on something that's why I have this wound on my head." I said. I know my mom very well and when she founds out that Harry has to do with this, she will not let him get away.

"That's horrible, oh my poor baby." Mom said, "I'll schedule you to the MRI just to give your mom a peace of mind."

"Mom, you know that I'm claustrophobic."

"High-Field Open MRI. It's for claustrophobic people, like you. Don't worry." Mom said and I'm relieved, "Anyways, why are some members of One Direction and Little Mix are here with you?"

"Friends." I answered. "Anyways, mom, meet Harry Styles, Zayn Malik his fiancee, Perrie Edwards."

"It was a pleasure to finally meet you, Dr. Justice." Perrie held her hand to my mom and mom shook it. Zayn also did the same.

"The pleasure is mine." Mom answered. Harry hugged my mom. My mom was a bit surprised but mom, being the sweetest mother in the world, hugged Harry back.

"Thank you." Harry said as he loosed his arms around my mom.

"Thank you for what, Harry?" Mom said.

"Thank you for bringing Victoria into this world. Thank you for raising her properly and thank you for giving me my best friend."

Overwhelmed. That's what I'm feeling right now.

"You're welcome, Harry. Victoria's just being her and she decided the things for her own. I'm just guiding her in life." Mom said. Mom's grabbed something from her pocket, it was her beeper. "Anyways, duty calls. Victoria, I'll be back. Okay? Take your time to rest. I'll tell Madison to bring some of your things."

"Okay mom."

Mom got out of the room and I faced Harry, "What was that?!"

"Nothing. You said we should cover up. I only did what you asked."

The last time I checked, Harry's the sweetest guy in the world and now, he's back being an asshole again.