II - Eight

Harry's Point of View

I'm sweating loads.

As I enter the hospital gates, I inhaled deeply and thought if Reone is really mine. My heart is pounding really hard.

Reone is already born, and he's 1 month old. It's been 3 months since I last saw Victoria and I took her offer of her mother doing the DNA examination. I brought a piece of Reone's hair inside this plastic bag and shoved it inside my pocket.

I pushed the glass door, clinking as a sign that someone has entered the area. I saw Mrs. Justice doing something on her laptop, as her gaze turns to mine. "Oh. Hello, Harry. What can I do for you?"

I walked inside, burying both of my hands in my pockets, "I'm here for the DNA testing. I wanted to make sure that Reone is really my son." I said.

She smiled at me, "Take a seat, Harry."

I did as she said so.

"What makes you think that Reone isn't your son?"

I bit my lip and released it eventually, "Well.. I just wanted to be sure if he is really mine."

"Are you thinking of getting back with Victoria?" She asked and I shook my head, "Are you sure?"

I nodded, grasping my hand around the chair handle, "Yes ma'am. Victoria is already married and I don't wanna ruin their marriage."

She nodded and smiled at me, "Just so you know, Harry. I really wanted you for my daughter because I know that she loves you, but seeing her after you left her made me realize what I mistake I made for liking you."

My body became tensed from what she said after made it worse.

"And.. Victoria and Evan are expecting. So I would really appreciate it if you stay away with her family. Okay? I can help you with the DNA test as long as you leave her alone, understood?"

Victoria's pregnant again, and I'm hell of sure that I won't be ruining it for her. She's happy now and I know that Evan will truly love her. I know that it is hard to stay away but I will respect Mrs. Justice's wishes. "Yes, ma'am."

She opened her palm, as a sign for me to give her the specimen for the DNA test, "Expect the results within 2 weeks. I'll just e-mail you the results, okay?"

I nodded, "Thank you."

I stood and walked out of the door. After closing the door behind me, I suddenly cried. Not because of Mrs. Justice's disliking me, but the fact that I can't be with Victoria anymore.