II - Fifteen

Harry's Point of View

The glass was cold against my skin, as I sip the last of my whisky. Lately, I've been thinking of what I should do to have her back. We've been in a push and pull relationship, and because of that, she got married to someone else.

I know that Evan is a good guy, and so far, he's always been there, but Madison informed me that Evan cheated on Victoria with Emma, but they eventually reconciled. I know Victoria, she just forgives and moves on. Madison isn't really in favor of the relationship, she said that she still ships me with Victoria even though I hurt her sister and she reasoned that, Lia and Mia are also my children, so there shouldn't be no argument about that.

I leaned on my bean bag and closed my eyes, as I try to remember the times that we were still together.

Flashback..

"Hey! Stop it!" She giggled while I still force her to go inside our room, "Harry! I have works to do!" Both of her hands are still on the doorframe, trying to pursuit hersef against me, "Harry Edward Styles! Stop!"

"No, you won't stop me." I said as I smirked. I lifted my hand on her shoulder as I grabbed her and carried her whole body on my shoulder, "Before you do anything else, I need to do you first."

She giggled against my back, in an upside down position, "Harry! I need to earn so we can have food on the table, you silly guy!"

"Oh come on, for fuck's sake. I earn millions, there's no need for you to work your tiny ass. I just need you to be my wife." I said as I slomped her on the bed. She giggled as I hovered over her, "I wanted to marry you to be my wife, not to be my slave." She was about to say something when I crashed my lips on her, but after a few seconds, I pulled back, "Listen, okay? I know you want to be a doctor and I totally support you on that, but... I don't want you to become overly exhausted to provide our needs. I'm your husband and I should provide our needs. I just need you to be my wife and the mother of my child, okay?"

She smiled and nodded her head, "Okay."

I closed the gap between us as we fall into the deep wonder of paradise.

I opened my eyes and stared at nothing, for I know that even though Lia and Mia are my children, there's nothing I can do to have her back. Maybe I'll just let it slip away. Maybe she's happier now that I'm gone.

There is no such thing as perfect relationship, because things get screwed up, but if two people really love each other, they will fix it together... but that didn't applied to me. Because when things got complicated, I chose to run away. I chose to leave her and Valarie, which is really a dick thing to do. If it wasn't because of my stupidness, we wouldn't be in this situation at all.

I sighed, and decided that... maybe I should just go and move on. She's already moved on and I think I have no reason to stay.

I had enough of the battles, weeps and agony. As far as I know, I'm single and yet I have a child and two babies that aren't confirmed that are mine but I think, I can start dating other people. It wouldn't be so bad after all, right? I deserve to be happy even for a bit.

I pulled my phone from my pocket, and decided to call this blonde, hoping that we can hang out for a talk or drink... because as what other people say, time is gold.

◽️◽️◽️

Victoria's Point of View

I opened my eyes.

I felt a heavy pressure on my head and a cold hand warmed on my arm. As I panned my eyes, I can see an all glass white room, filled with ventilators, and felt that an oxygen was inserted on my nasal.

Evan is sleeping beside me, his hand wrapped around me. "Evan.." I whispered against him, "Baby, wake up."

Evan suddenly woke up and panicked, "Baby? Are you in pain? Where? Are you-"

"Evan, I'm okay." I said as he sighed, "I'm alright, maybe they can discharge me tomorrow."

"I don't know babe. They ran some tests on you while you were asleep." He said, as he gave me a glass of water, "I just hope that everything will be alright, especially your MRI."

"Wow. That's a good thing that I'm asleep. I'm claustrophobic." I said.

The slidinh glass door opened, revealing a man in white coat and blonde hair, "Hello Mrs. Peters. I'm Dr-"

"Dr. Chase. I know you." I answered, "We went on the same university."

"That's why I recognized you." Dr. Chase said, "But look, I need to break this to you, I know that this will be hard but I got your results back."

Do you know the feeling when you're cold and at the same time, you feel like your burning. That's how nervous I am. How couldn't be nervous? I have 3 daughters that I need to take good care of. I can't afford to get sick because no one will tale good care of them.

"Mrs. Peters. You have a primary cardiac tumor, in other words-"

I tried to process what I just heard, but I can't help but say it.

"Heart cancer." I said flatly, "Great. I'd be dead any minute now."

Evan was so shocked that he couldn't find the right words to say, "But how? Heart cancer is so rare! Why? Why on all people?!" Evan is becoming hysterical.

"I know it's hard for you to cope up, but we will do anything that we can to find where it started. There are treatments and heart cancer is reversible." Dr. Chase assured, "We just need to run more tests so we can treat you properly." His pager began beeping, "Sorry but I need to leave, I will return later to check up on you. Once again, I am so sorry." He went out of my room, then my eyes became heavy.

I found myself crying, not because I pity myself, but it's because of my family. Who will take care of Valarie? Lia and Mia are just a few days old and then I'm just gonna leave them like that?! There's no way in hell that I will leave them like that. How about my mom? Dad? My sister? Evan? And most specially, Harry?

Evan is continuously crying beside me, "I don't know what to do without you, Vic."

"I won't go anywhere. They have a lot of resources here, I'm sure that I will be okay." I plastered a smile on my face, trying to hide the fact that I am scared.

"You will baby.." Evan is still weeping, "I'll give up my project til you're not well. I won't leave you, okay?"

I nodded, "Please don't cry." I asked him, "Because I'll end up crying too and my head will hurt more." I laughed for a little, making Evan smiled for a little.

"For a woman who has cancer, you're the strongest of them all.." He said as he held my hand on his face, "I hope you will stay the same everyday."

"I will. Because I need to be strong for you and my family." I faintly smiled.

I just hope that the treatments will work, whatever the cost will be.