II - Sixteen

Victoria's Point of View

When the doctors told me that it was the cancer metastasized from my lung, I knew that my survival would be a small chance.

I don't know what happened, as far as I know, I never smoked but as what I had studied, it can be inherited, and my grandmother died because of lung cancer.

The world crashed on me, and I never felt so broken in my whole life. Evan is sobbing beside me, but I asked him if he can leave for a second. I just want to be alone, I want to think of the things that might happen when I'm already dead.

"Evan, can you go and buy me some latte at Starbucks?"

Evan looked at me, his eyes are red and puffy from all the tears that he had shed but he tried really hard to smile, "Okay. I'll be quick." He said as he grabbed his car keys. He left the room and closed the door.

I turned on the television and what I saw broke me more into pieces.

It's Harry holding Taylor's hand, as they are about to go to the bar. It said that Harry just got back together with Taylor and they plan to move in together soon.

Paps: Harry! Is it true that you're gonna move in together soon?
Harry: Yea, it's crazy, right?
*Taylor laughs at the background*
Taylor: He's full of surprises.
Paps: How about Victoria?
Harry: We're friends, and she's happily married to Evan, and I guess it's cool. She allowed me to see our daughter every now and then.

That's when I cried a lot

I cried a lot because I might be prepared to die but I'm not prepared to leave my family. I have my newborn babies and Valarie. I'm afraid that they will be alone, especially Valarie. She understands almost everything around her but she doesn't know anything about death. I don't know how Evan will explainit to her when I suddenly stopped breathing, when I'm placed in a large casket and she'll wonder why I'm not waking up.

And I also cried because, Harry's with someone else now and he is happy. I'm not saying that Harry doesn't deserve to be happy, I guess I was hurt from the news. Maybe I'm jealous and I'm still in love with him, maybe.

I grabbed my phone from bedside and dialled my mom. I really don't want to tell them my condition but, they really need to know.

 I really don't want to tell them my condition but, they really need to know